Puerto Vallarta - Central Meeting Point?

Robroy

Question for those of you familiar with the port area in Puerto Vallarta:

We're travelling on the Sapphire next month and meeting a friend in Puerto Vallarta who will tour us around. First time there for us - can anyone recommend a central meeting point for us? He will be driving and I'm not sure how close to the port he will be able to get.

Thanks in advance!

Rob

Someone else may have a better idea, but the pier is not far from the street – so it would probably be best for your friend to meet you there. If you were to go downtown or something like that, you’d need to shuttle to get there as it’s a couple of miles.

I think they discourage the average person from driving to the pier, but on the right hand side, walking towards the main street, there is a small shopping center with a pharmacy, money exchange, etc. There is also a gas station at the corner of the main street. At the main street, on the left, there is a bus stop, where you could wait. Good luck! Nancy

Access and parking for private vehicles is kinda tough at the port. The SAM's Club/WalMart complex is across the street from the port. Just a short walk. I'd make arrangements to meet your party in the southwest corner of the parking lot or near the bus shelters on the west side of the parking lot.

Enjoy!

Access and parking for private vehicles is kinda tough at the port. The SAM's Club/WalMart complex is across the street from the port. Just a short walk. I'd make arrangements to meet your party in the southwest corner of the parking lot or near the bus shelters on the west side of the parking lot.

Enjoy!

And in answer to your landmark question – what better than WalMart?? :D

That should be a landmark nobody can miss. Although I better not tempt fate here.........

So the s/w corner of the Walmart parking lot it is!

Thanks again guys. The help available here is second to none!

Rob

Birdwatcher: We're sailing the next week - the 11th. While you're back home telling us how great a time you had, we'll be hoping for a rerun!

Have a great trip and again thanks to everyone for their advice!

Rob

Hey Pudy!

You're on! Hope ya have a terrific cruise and we appreciate the loan of your cabin. Promise we'll take really good care of it....!!!

I'll be watching for your review early in the week so I can decide whether we should either: a) get off at the next port or b) barricade the door on returning to LA to do a "back-to-back" sorta kinda thing.....

Have fun!

Rob

Rob - we aren't coming directly home after the cruise. We've got friends in San Diego that we're going to stay with for a few days, so my review will be delayed. I suggest that you opt for the barricaded door! :D

~Julie~

Archived