Hotels near Honolulu Airport

Mpphred

We are spending the remainder of Saturday on Oahu after our cruise and plan to rent a car and travel the island. Since we will spend a few days in Waikiki prior to the cruise we want to spend Saturday night close to the airport since we have a 7:30 AM flight Sunday Morning. Any suggestions? or is Waikiki close enough.

Waikiki is close enough, but I'd stay at either end, meaning Waikiki Prince or Ala Moana Hotel on one end (Nimitz Highway to HNL), or New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel or Park Shore (H1 to HNL) on the other end.

Edited by scottca075

We have basically the same plan except we aren't renting a car. We just wanted some quiet time that last day for R&R before our flight out. After doing extensive Googling, I opted for Pacific Marina Inn Airport Hotel, Honolulu. It fits our needs but is not 5 Star. 

Food, pool, convenience store right there at hotel plus transportation to airport.

1 hour ago, rtread said:

We have basically the same plan except we aren't renting a car. We just wanted some quiet time that last day for R&R before our flight out. After doing extensive Googling, I opted for Pacific Marina Inn Airport Hotel, Honolulu. It fits our needs but is not 5 Star. 

Food, pool, convenience store right there at hotel plus transportation to airport.

I would REALLY rethink this. Not 5*? It is barely 2*. It is a horrendous area. Not a place I'd step outside the door after dark.

I would go read the reviews in TripAdvisor (parent company of CC) where it is the #84 of #87 hotels on Oahu. Pacific Marina Inn Reviews

The other two hotels at the airport, the Best Western Plaza and the Airport HNL Hotel, are far, far better and better locations.

But there really is no need to stay by the airport. You don't save much money or much time and the area is beyond unappealing. I can't imagine a worse way to end a vacation.

1 hour ago, scottca075 said:

I would REALLY rethink this. Not 5*? It is barely 2*. It is a horrendous area. Not a place I'd step outside the door after dark.

I would go read the reviews in TripAdvisor (parent company of CC) where it is the #84 of #87 hotels on Oahu. Pacific Marina Inn Reviews

The other two hotels at the airport, the Best Western Plaza and the Airport HNL Hotel, are far, far better and better locations.

But there really is no need to stay by the airport. You don't save much money or much time and the area is beyond unappealing. I can't imagine a worse way to end a vacation.

Thanks for the heads up! Luckily I was able to cancel with no problems and got what looks like a better hotel and area at Airport Honolulu Hotel. You might have saved our lives!☺️

On 7/3/2019 at 4:52 PM, scottca075 said:

Great information!  We are looking at the Coconut Waikiki and it has good reviews. Are you familiar with that one and it’s location?

43 minutes ago, Jiminy1955 said:

Great information!  We are looking at the Coconut Waikiki and it has good reviews. Are you familiar with that one and it’s location?

The Coconut Waikiki is in Waikiki and virtually every hotel in Waikiki is in a safe area. The Coconut is a well regarded hotel, but it is back by the Ala Wai Canal, not close to the beach. I'd be comfortable walking to and from the hotel at just about any hour day or night. I might be more cautious at 2AM, but I wouldn't be overly worried.

My choice would be something closer to the beach, maybe with a view, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Coconut.

5 hours ago, scottca075 said:

The Coconut Waikiki is in Waikiki and virtually every hotel in Waikiki is in a safe area. The Coconut is a well regarded hotel, but it is back by the Ala Wai Canal, not close to the beach. I'd be comfortable walking to and from the hotel at just about any hour day or night. I might be more cautious at 2AM, but I wouldn't be overly worried.

My choice would be something closer to the beach, maybe with a view, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Coconut.

Thank you.