Palm Beach, bad choice??

SeaW

I have planned to go to Palm Beach for the day to snorkel (I am a beginner). I have read a lot of bad reviews on here about it not being the greatest for snorkeling. Someone said only dead coral and it cuts up your fins when you walk on it. Is all this true? Should I change my plans? If you can't even walk in the water there I don't want to go.

Palm Beach is white sand, but indeed not good for snorkeling in the sense that there is not much to see there. Malmok would be a better choice or the coast at Savaneta or Pos Chikito. All the choices provided have very calm waters and are very safe for snorkeling. Beware of snorkeling at the north coast though if you are not a very strong swimmer. :D

Is De palma island and Palm beach the same place?

No they are not the same place. I hear De Palm Island is wonderful for snorkeling. We have been to Palm Beach and the visibility is not the best. You do see fish but not as much as Baby Beach. We didn't get cut up by the coral on Palm. We were barefoot too.

Baby Beach is better for snorkeling and has calm waters. Plus you could go deep in and still be waist high in water. :)

Hi,

Have you any idea which dive outfit Princess deals with for their dive excursions? I'm tentatively booked for a two-tank dive on the Antilla and a shallow reef dive on our day in Aruba 6 May 06. Appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.

Ciao for now!!!

Have you any idea which dive outfit Princess deals with for their dive excursions? I'm tentatively booked for a two-tank dive on the Antilla and a shallow reef dive on our day in Aruba 6 May 06.

Captainron, I don't work in the tourism industry. I really couldn't tell you about the Princess deals. I can assure you one thing though, diving at the Antilla wreck is probably worth anything they charge you. The Antilla wreck is located just off the Malmok coast that I mentioned in my previous post. As a teenager I snorkeled there many times never really got tired of the place. I've never done any scuba diving, but I can imagine that you will be able to see much more than during a simple snorkeling trip. It is probably a good choice. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! We enjoyed the snorkeling here. It was awesome. I am going to Aruba in a few weeks and we booked the shipe wreck snorkel tour, HOWEVER, after reading tons of these "threads" I found somewhere , where DePalm is in fact

one of the best 10 snorkel places in the Caribbean!!! So, depending on how the other tour is , we may still go to DePalm Island in the afternoon. I want my 8 and 10 yr old to enjoy all the different colorful fish that we did 2 yrs ago! Hope this helps.

I started this thread because I was concerned about some things I had heard about Palm Beach. Well I just got back from my cruise and I did go to Palm Beach and it was a very nice beach. Not good for snorkeling but great for relaxing in the sun and swimming.

I started this thread because I was concerned about some things I had heard about Palm Beach. Well I just got back from my cruise and I did go to Palm Beach and it was a very nice beach. Not good for snorkeling but great for relaxing in the sun and swimming.

Welcome home SeaW ! What resort did you park yourself in front of?

Any activities available ? Did you get a day pass anywhere?

I would appreciate any tips or advice.

Welcome home SeaW ! What resort did you park yourself in front of?

Any activities available ? Did you get a day pass anywhere?

I would appreciate any tips or advice.

We took the Aruba Beach Break Catamaran booked through Carnival, from the pier to a dock at Palm Beach. Very nice ride, they had an open bar and a very informative man, I forget his name, telling us many interesting Aruba facts along the way. When we got to the beach he got a volleyball game started.I believe it was a Holiday Inn that we sat in front of. The people who took us to the beach had nice lounge chairs for us to use while there and also a waitress to bring us drinks. We were able to use the restrooms at the hotel. Also there was an outdoor shower there for us. There was a bus to bring us back to the ship like at 1:30 and 3:30, your choice of either time to go back. I really enjoyed my day there except that snorkeling wasn't good at this beach and I had really wanted to do that. Hope this helps you.

Archived