Hampton Inn vs Fairfield Inn Ft. Lauderdale

berry15

I am stating one night in FLL before a cruise in November.  It is the week of the boat show so rooms are scarce.  I am looking at either the Fairfield Inn Downtown on Federal Highway or the Hampton Inn North Cruise Port.

Has anyone had any experience or have any advice about either of these hotels?  I want to walk to a restaurant for dinner.

Thanks in advance

Check pricing for Hampton Inn Plantation.  It's only 10 minutes further, plenty of great restaurants within walking distance, total wine, grocery, and they have both a free airport shuttle and $5 cruise port shuttle.  I imagine since it's boat show weekend, Plantation would be cheaper.

Reports lately that the cruise shuttle from the Plantation Hampton is free.  Which is nice.  Anyways, if that doesn't work out, report back and I'm sure the members here will be happy to help you find another hotel option.  But I would definitely look down I595 in the Plantation/Davie area as it's a VERY quick straight shot to the port and the hotels are most likely much cheaper since they aren't downtown near the boat show.