When sharing a cabin with non-family members...

I might be sailing on Freedom of the Seas this fall with a group of friends/relatives. I'd be sharing a cabin with 2 other women who are not members of my immediate family or live in my household. My questions are:

1. Can I give my own credit card for charging on my SeaPass, or will the charges of all 3 of us have to be combined on just one card?

2. How about when we call to book the cruise, does the deposit for the 3 of us have to be from one credit card or can we each give a credit card for our own deposits??

3. All 3 of us have sailed with RCI before and so we all are Crown & Anchor Members. Will we EACH get the coupon booklets and "Commemorative Gift"? Or is it just one per stateroom??

Anything else I'll need to know about sharing a cabin with friends (not immediate family)?? Thanks! :)

1. Can I give my own credit card for charging on my SeaPass, or will the charges of all 3 of us have to be combined on just one card? Yes, you can all give separate credit cards.

2. How about when we call to book the cruise, does the deposit for the 3 of us have to be from one credit card or can we each give a credit card for our own deposits?? You can put your own deposit on your own card.

3. All 3 of us have sailed with RCI before and so we all are Crown & Anchor Members. Will we EACH get the coupon booklets and "Commemorative Gift"? Or is it just one per stateroom?? You should each get a coupon book.

Hope that helps!

1. Can I give my own credit card for charging on my SeaPass, or will the charges of all 3 of us have to be combined on just one card?

You can each have your own accounts through youro wn credit cards.

2. How about when we call to book the cruise, does the deposit for the 3 of us have to be from one credit card or can we each give a credit card for our own deposits??

You can each use your own credit cards for each individual deposit.

3. All 3 of us have sailed with RCI before and so we all are Crown & Anchor Members. Will we EACH get the coupon booklets and "Commemorative Gift"? Or is it just one per stateroom??

You will each get the appropriate coupon book for your level.

just got back from the enchantment with my best friend. we each had our own seapass card connected to our own credit card. never had a problem with charges getting messed up. some things, we just took care of on our own. we put our charges form chops on her card and then i bought one of our pictures for her on mine.

don't know how rcl will do the deposits. we booked thru a travel agent(mine) and i paid for both deposits. we each sent in our own payments, though, and she made up for the deposit at the final payment

this was our first rcl cruise, so i can't answer that part of your question

have fun--hope this helps

I might be sailing on Freedom of the Seas this fall with a group of friends/relatives. I'd be sharing a cabin with 2 other women who are not members of my immediate family or live in my household. My questions are:

Anything else I'll need to know about sharing a cabin with friends (not immediate family)?? Thanks! :)

1. yes

2. yes (at least that;s what we did, but we booked through AAA)

3. yes

you will most likely need to ask for additional forms for the sign & sail card, additional immigration forms, sometimes you need to ask for additional daily eventsheets (can't remeber what they are called) and extra forms for excursions. If your steward is any good, he will realise that you are individuals, not a family, and act accordingly.

ETA - oops - looks like we all answered at the same time!

Your questions already have been answered accordingly so I just want to ad one thing. While you can all have your own seapass account you have to pay attention to one thing. If you have things charged to the room i.E. Phone calls or use of the Mini Bar these charges will all go to one seapass account and you will have to divide these charges at the end between the two or three of you. Probably not that big of a deal.

mad -

that's what I was just about to go add to my post! It was never an issue for us as we didn't use any of the services that would have been charged to the room.

it also holds true for credits - if you have a coupon for a CABIN credit it will only go to the first person on the list; they won't split it up.

Things are pretty itemized, so it shouldn't be a problem

Thanks for those quick replies!! :) I don't think we'll have any problems sharing the cabin, and while we would've been able to work it out if we had to use only one credit card while on board, it'll be so much easier that we can each use our own.

Does anyone know what the currect C&A gift is? And, it is one per person, correct? :) When we sailed RCI a few years ago, my brothers and SILs got embroidered waist packs. Is it the same, or something new now?

I got a totebag on Navigator of the Seas a few weeks ago for C&A gift.

I too shared a room with someone and we both had our own CC cards attached to our Seapasses - no problems with our charges.

I am C&A Gold, but this was my roommate's first cruise. However my TA did not give my C&A number with my reservation, and when I added it whne I did my on-line reservation, my C&A number got attached to my room-mate so she got her own coupon book and totebag. I told them a couple of times that the C&A number was jsut mine, but they never fixed it (but I did just get 1 credit on my C&A account).

One other thing about charges -a friend in my group wanted to charge her gratuities to her seapass account, so she filled out the appropriate form. When she got the vouchers they were charged to her roommate's account - she and her roommate have the same 1st name- it took an hour to corrrect that!

We had our own credit card accounts. However, I booked the cruise and was the primary. She is a big bottled water drinker(I typically am too, at home, not on ship due to $$), and ALL her water charges ended up on my account. Of course, I didn't mention it to her, but I was really watching my budget on the trip that is why I didn't drink bottled water, lol.

Marie

Archived