Norwegian Encore

tsinger1130

My family will be on the Encore for New Year's Eve and are not sure what to expect. We are assuming there will be a lot of parties but are just unsure.  According to NCL.com we will be in San Juan until 11:59 p.m.. anyone ever been on a New Year's Eve cruise with NCL? 

I am on this same cruise. We were on the Celebrity Edge for New Years last year and they had their celebration in the main atrium section with live music and dancing. They gave out free hats and noisemakers and there was free champagne at midnight after a countdown.  I did an enquiry on the boards about NCL and people said there were multiple celebrations in different venues all over the ship. There will probably be one in the atrium area and one up on deck possibly with the sailaway.  Someone mentioned the champagne at midnight. So I assume it will be similar to the Edge last year just maybe more venues. Not sure what will be available in SJ. 

Mary Ann

Edited by UFMOM

On 7/28/2019 at 10:33 AM, tsinger1130 said:

Is it normal for the ship to get into port at 530 in the evening on New Year's Eve? Seems like an odd time to then leave at 1159.

That is the normal San Juan port schedule for the Encore this fall/winter. It doesn't seem to have changed for the holiday.

To answer your question, I was on the Escape last year for NYE and on the night, we were sailing from Port Canaveral to Miami. There were several different parties around the ship depending on the vibe you wanted - I know we went to one on the pool deck and one at Spice H2O (which the Encore doesn't have). These were typical loud DJ parties with glowsticks, the Captain even appeared to count us down to midnight! I think there were more low-key parties in the Atrium and Skyline Lounge. Throughout the ship there was festive New Years wear, the photographers were circulating and taking pictures, and someone mentioned the champagne at midnight. It was tons of fun and I think everyone should get to experience NYE at sea!