Norwegian JOY 8th Deck Cabins

Hello!

Thinking about booking a balcony on the Joy with the sailaway rate.  I noted the cabins are on the 8th deck (mid ship but looks more like the front of the ship) in front of The District Brew House, and Food Republic.....I'm wondering if anyone out there has stayed in those cabins and if there were any issue with noise from the two venues?  Don't think this is a deal breaker, but would love to hear from someone who stayed on that deck!

Thanks in advance 🙂 

We were in 8740 on the Bliss this spring.  No noise at all from Food Republic.  In the evenings you could here the piano guy while walking in the hallway but not in our room.  And we only heard music from the theater (below us) a couple of times.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 33180 said:

Hello!

Thinking about booking a balcony on the Joy with the sailaway rate.  I noted the cabins are on the 8th deck (mid ship but looks more like the front of the ship) in front of The District Brew House, and Food Republic.....I'm wondering if anyone out there has stayed in those cabins and if there were any issue with noise from the two venues?  Don't think this is a deal breaker, but would love to hear from someone who stayed on that deck!

Thanks in advance 🙂 

If you choose the Sailaway rate, your cabin could be anywhere on the ship.  NCL chooses the location for your cabin.  You might be on deck 8 or 13, no one knows until  your cabin is assigned.  With the sailaway rate, you give up the option to choose any Free at sea perks and cabin category type and location.  If you choose a sailaway balcony, you will be in a balcony somewhere between the worst and the best. 

Hope this helps. 

Thank you all for your quick responses!!!

All-ready2cruise, you are absolutely correct on how the sailaway rate works (I think this trip will bump me to Platinum Plus status, it's easy to do when you live in Miami 🙂 ) typically it will show several decks for the sailaway rate, but this trip just showed Deck 8 midship which I thought was a little odd and wanted to check out!  

Here's to many nights at sea!

• Like 1