Bed Bugs?

Nadersmom

Hoping someone can help or at least ease my mind.  We have booked a hotel right next to the cruise port in Galveston because we won't have a car.   The hotel has gotten really good reviews.    I was recently told by someone local that this particular hotel had bedbugs.    I say "had" because they did say that they didn't know if it was still an issue or not.   Their comments were based on experience that was back in beginning of summer  with some people that had bites all over them.    This person was definitely not out to smear any hotel's name, and in fact said people just love the hotel.    

The bedbug registry online hasn't been updated in a very very long time.   I don't see anything in the reviews about it.      Anyway,   so now I'm a little nervous.   Again, they get really really good reviews online and on TripAdvisor.    I thought about looking into the Tremont instead but they are a bit pricey for 2 nights if I want to book with option to cancel if anything goes wrong.

Is there another source that I can look into to see if this is still an issue?    Our cruise is over Thanksgiving.    I'm pretty sure I booked with option to cancel.   But not sure if I need to.   Really not sure what to do      Can anyone offer any suggestions?

There are only two hotels near terminal . And they are owned and operated by same . 

Bed bugs are brought in by guests.  If there was issue in either of these hotels , I promise you the  situation was handled promptly and professionally.