Changing dinner times - tips?

wgeddings

We are going on a 4 night cruise on the Enchantment on Feb 9. When the reservations were made, we had late seating. When I did the Set-Sail online registration, we had the late seating. When the docs arrived, suddenly I had early seating. There are 13 of us going, 4 families, and we really prefer the late seating.

TA said she tried to change it back but got nowhere. RCCL told her that we would have to take it up with the Maitre D when we get onboard. I know it will be very hectic with usually long lines to try to see the Maitre D so I would very much like to try to change it before we board. Since we had the late seating until the documents, I have no idea why RCCL switched us and want it back like we originally requested.

Do you have any tips for fixing this before we board? Any number I can call and try to work it out? When I called about something else (misspelled name), I was told that the TA had to call. She has already tried and I want to try. Do you know if RCCL will talk with me if the TA sends some kind of permission note or whatever? Having the TA handle it is no longer an option although she will help if she can. Please do not just reply about how the TA should take care it, how early seating is better than late seating or other issues.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Go to the dining room when you first board, find out what time the maitre d' gets there, and be the first one there.

When I was on the Enchantment, I went to the DR, and the only one there was the head waiter, no line, and mine was changed to a table for 2 within about 4 minutes.

This was about 1:00 pm.

Last cruise was in November on HAL and there was a very long line of people waiting for the Head Waiter. Same on every other cruise although I have never needed to make a change, I have seen the line and heard the complaining. Regardless of how hard or easy it might be on the ship, I prefer to have it settled before we board if at all possible. After all, since there are 13 of us, it will be increasingly difficult.

Unfortunately, dinner seating times can not be changed before you board. You will have to do it once you are onboard. Just try to get there as soon as possible to avoid the long lines.

By the way, it is usually easier to get a late seating, rather than an earlier one.

Thanks nanfromatlanta. I hope switching that high of a number will not be too hard but I am still hopeful there is some way to try to get it done ahead of time. Maybe there will not be a line at the start of the cruise.

My last cruise with RC we were all down for late seating but when we got to the port and got our Sea Pass cards, they had put our group at different tables. So we went right to the MD when we got onboard and had it switched no problem. I say even though you have a big group, go as soon as you get on board and do it then. You will need everyones Sea Pass cards with you though.....atleast we did......so they can write the new change on it. Good luck! And have a great trip.

Years ago, it seemed that everyone wanted late seating and it was hard to move from early to late. On our last 3 or 4 cruises, it seems to be just the opposite. I guess the itineraries have something to do with it. Anyway, do as the other posters stated and see the maitre'd asap. If your cruise is like my recent ones, you won't have any problem moving to late seating. Good luck!

FYI, we've been at both seatings thru our 14 cruise history and enjoy both for various reasons. If you can't get switched, try to go with the flow and don't let it ruin your trip. Bon Voyage!

Archived