Nice beach- but not rough waves?

IrishDutchess

Someone just returned from Bermuda and said the waves at Horseshoe Beach "are no joke".  I will be traveling with family including young children and I know that I do not like being slammed to ocean floor. We are well used to, and  enjoy Wildwood NJ ocean waves,  just as point of comparison. Although Horseshoe is beautiful, are there any beaches that would not have overpowering waves and current? Thanks!

1 hour ago, IrishDutchess said:

Someone just returned from Bermuda and said the waves at Horseshoe Beach "are no joke".  I will be traveling with family including young children and I know that I do not like being slammed to ocean floor. We are well used to, and  enjoy Wildwood NJ ocean waves,  just as point of comparison. Although Horseshoe is beautiful, are there any beaches that would not have overpowering waves and current? Thanks!

Horseshoe Bay usually has waves but not overpowering waves. Sounds like someone could be exaggerating. Could have been an unusual day. Horseshoe Bay in the photo. For guaranteed no waves Tobacco Bay is one you could go to. 

6FB902EB-0238-45A4-9ACA-9669112B161B.jpeg

Edited by Charles4515

2 hours ago, IrishDutchess said:

Oh thanks for that info and picture!    It is beautiful! and with lots of people enjoying the water!

You didn’t mention how young the children were but at Horseshoe there is a cove to the right of the facilities that some call baby beach that because of the rock surround is very mild. Very good for very young children.

83D1E907-2EC5-4851-B5B2-A513612B1A49.jpeg

Edited by Charles4515

And here is Tobacco Bay in St.Georges. Protected and very shallow. Also good snorkeling on the right side. Not as beautiful as Horseshoe but a nice beach. It is a smaller beach which can make it seem crowded later in the day. Not really a lot of people but with the small beach area it can fill up in the afternoon. 

1E521FDF-4645-45D2-A841-38614F208069.jpeg

Edited by Charles4515