Wedding onboard

Hi

Has anyone held their wedding onboard? We're considering this and would love to hear your opinions.

We have in mind to get married on Saturday 29th February 2020 and we've seen a western Caribbean cruise on Empress of the Seas which departs on 23rd February so it would mean holding the wedding on a sea day the day before we disembark.

It will only be the two of us so we're looking nice and relaxed so the ceremony, some photos and a lovely dinner. Obviously I'll love wearing my wedding dress onboard but it won't be anything crazy.

Please share any comments with me good or bad :-)

Our daughter was married onboard Liberty.  The people onboard the ship were terrific.  However, the contractor that was used to arrange things did not communicate properly with the ship people, so some things did not go well.  I would insist that you be allowed to communicate with the people onboard so that you could confirm arrangements.

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

I tried suggesting Feb 29 as a wedding date to my wife but she nixed that figuring I’d use it as an excuse to celebrate it every 4 years.😁

Enjoy your day.

Yep the other half tried that however I said nope we get to celebrate it on both 28th Feb and 1st march - double presents lol

• Like 1

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

I tried suggesting Feb 29 as a wedding date to my wife but she nixed that figuring I’d use it as an excuse to celebrate it every 4 years.😁...

Good try!

• Like 1