Experience with 1-WayCar Rental: Disney World to Port Canaveral?

CSloan

We're staying at Kidani Village in Disney World 2 days prior to our NCL cruise out of Port Canaveral, and looking at options for transportation. One of the most cost-effective ways looks like renting a car at Disney, then dropping it off at the port. Has anyone done this?  If so, what was your experience?  I'm wondering if the car rental drop off place would take us to the cruise ship, after we drop off the car.

Thanks!!

Cathy

I just got off a Carnival cruise.  We did 1 way car rentals pre and post using Enterprise.  Could not have gone any smoother.  We were concerned about getting to the airport ASAP when we got off the ship.  There were 3 Enterprise shuttles waiting when we stepped off the ship at 7:50 am. 

Only advise would be to check the car rates at different times of the day before you book. I found them less expensive when I checked earlier in the morning rather than late in the day. 

56 minutes ago, CSloan said:

That is really good to know, thanks.  When you dropped the car at the Port, how did you get to the ship?

Just use any of the companies on the map below - all offer free shuttles to/from the port terminals

Rental-Car-Map-Web-1.jpg

• Like 1