Looking for Bermuda experts: Clearwater or Tobacco after trip to Blue Hole Park?

Pandot

Hi all,

As the title states - looking for some expert (or experienced) opinions.  In on the Escape in early October.  Taking free ferry to St George then bus to Blue Hole Park.  I really want to see and swim in the blue hole.  While I know that there is a small beach in that park, my family also wants some more beach time.  So I figured back to St Georges with our bus tickets - then Tobacco or Clearwater.  We will be travelling by bus (mostly) and want to be back to St Georges for the last ferry (either free or paid - doesn't matter which).

Any opinions on which one?  (We are hitting the south shore beaches the next day - looking for something to make a day of the East side of the islands the first day).

Any and all feedback on transportation, amentities, timing and the beaches themselves are greatly appreciated.

Thanks all.

I'd be inclined to go to Tobacco Bay. The logistics are easier. To me it makes more sense as it's your second stop of the day, not your only stop, so your time is limited. You can walk there from St. George or it's quick $5 or $6 dollar taxi ride. To get to Clearwater you either have to get a bus that doesn't run very often or take about a $20 taxi ride.

Both beaches have amenities...chair rentals, snack bar. Tobacco Bay is a good snorkeling beach. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

I'd be inclined to go to Tobacco Bay. The logistics are easier. To me it makes more sense as it's your second stop of the day, not your only stop, so your time is limited. You can walk there from St. George or it's quick $5 or $6 dollar taxi ride. To get to Clearwater you either have to get a bus that doesn't run very often or take about a $20 taxi ride.

Both beaches have amenities...chair rentals, snack bar. Tobacco Bay is a good snorkeling beach. 

Thanks Horseman!

Looking forward to seeing you on board!

That's what my gut was telling me too - but I am no expert :)