Need trousers hemmed on QM2?

DarCrav

We're scheduled to embark on the QM2 September 1st from Brooklyn to Quebec City and today I discovered my pair of velvet trousers are too long and need alteration.  I don't have time to do it locally because it takes a week and we're leaving for NYC in just a matter of days.  Will I be able to have this done on the ship?  And does anyone know what the turnaround time might be for a simple hemming?  Many thanks!

1 hour ago, DarCrav said:

We're scheduled to embark on the QM2 September 1st from Brooklyn to Quebec City and today I discovered my pair of velvet trousers are too long and need alteration.  I don't have time to do it locally because it takes a week and we're leaving for NYC in just a matter of days.  Will I be able to have this done on the ship?  And does anyone know what the turnaround time might be for a simple hemming?  Many thanks!

Absolutely. I think 1-2 days.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DarCrav said:

Interesting, we had a thread on this same subject a few months ago. To answer your question, Yes you'll be able to have your trousers altered. 

I'll share my experience with you; Don't waste any time trying to arrange this with the Pursers desk ( or even your room attendant) contact your 'deck housekeeping supervisor' who will ensure that the alteration is done swiftly and returned as soon as possible,  

• Thanks 1

We were in P Grill suite and needed this service.  We asked our steward upon embarkation. Someone came to pick them up about 6pm that evening and they were delivered back ( beautifully done) after breakfast the next morning.

Outstanding!