Princess Cabo Whale Watching Tours

Italy52

Doing some research about whale watching excursions that are posted on the Princess website.  We are interesting in a cruise that would be in Cabo on February 3, 2020.  While looking through the Princess excursion listing I noticed a zodiac whale watching excursion and a larger boat excursion.  Has anyone taken either of the tours?  If so, pro/con information is appreciated.  Pictures would also be a treat if you have them.  Thanks in advance for your posts.

I believe that if you search on this Forum, you might find a complaint by someone that their zodiac tour chased the whales.  Now, I am not sure if it was a Princess excursion, but I think it was Cabo.  So do a search to get the details, if that would be an issue for you.

I have not done the zodiac tour.  My wife prefers a more stable ride.  We enjoyed the larger whale boat excursion, on a two-deck boat.  The boat was not as large as the Hornblower's cruises I've taken a couple of times in San Diego, but the ride was smooth, and we saw several whales.  And we saw some of the coast around Cabo.  I don't recall if it was an "open bar" or not.  If I remember correctly, it was a two or three hour excursion.  When we took this, the visit to Cabo was only a few hours (7 am to 1 p.m., I think), so the short excursion was perfect.

Even though we were on a cruise, I still enjoyed getting out on a boat.  It is a completely different experience than the ship.

2 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

I believe that if you search on this Forum, you might find a complaint by someone that their zodiac tour chased the whales.  Now, I am not sure if it was a Princess excursion, but I think it was Cabo.  So do a search to get the details, if that would be an issue for you.

I have not done the zodiac tour.  My wife prefers a more stable ride.  We enjoyed the larger whale boat excursion, on a two-deck boat.  The boat was not as large as the Hornblower's cruises I've taken a couple of times in San Diego, but the ride was smooth, and we saw several whales.  And we saw some of the coast around Cabo.  I don't recall if it was an "open bar" or not.  If I remember correctly, it was a two or three hour excursion.  When we took this, the visit to Cabo was only a few hours (7 am to 1 p.m., I think), so the short excursion was perfect.

Even though we were on a cruise, I still enjoyed getting out on a boat.  It is a completely different experience than the ship.

I did see the comment about the chase, thank you for the reference.  With regard to your cruise boat, did it feel crowded at all?

32 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

I did see the comment about the chase, thank you for the reference.  With regard to your cruise boat, did it feel crowded at all?

The boat did not feel crowded at all.  Lots of seats on deck, lots of seats inside.  When they reported the first whale sighting, everyone rushed to that side of the boat, but there was still plenty of room for everyone.  Later, with whales being spotted on both sides (and with the excitement waning), the passengers evened out, and it did not feel crowded.

12 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

The boat did not feel crowded at all.  Lots of seats on deck, lots of seats inside.  When they reported the first whale sighting, everyone rushed to that side of the boat, but there was still plenty of room for everyone.  Later, with whales being spotted on both sides (and with the excitement waning), the passengers evened out, and it did not feel crowded.

Thank you very much for your reply, I appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...