Miami Hotel

Kapin777

We cruise a lot out of Fort Lauderdale, but going out of Miami on the next cruise.  What are the "best" hotels.  I know "best" depends on what you are looking for.  Family of 6 with including 4 kids under 6.  Looking for hotels that are reasonably priced and prefer closer to the cruise port.  Those with shuttles from airport and to cruise port are best.  We arrive around 6:30pm the night before, so probably not doing much but dinner and then getting the kids settled down.  What do people like???  Good options?? Thanks for the help!

6 in a room will limit your options. Flying into MIA  or FLL?

Near the airport there's a Homewood Suites in the Blue Lagoon neighborhood, plus a very isolated Embassy Suites. Downtown there is another Homewood Suites in the Mary Brickell area, near lots of local dining and shopping options.

Port shuttles in Miami are only offered by a few airport area hotels. Stay where you want, forget about shuttles, and use Uber, Lyft and taxis.

3 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Thanks--Flying into MIA.  

6 in a room will limit your options. Flying into MIA  or FLL?

Near the airport there's a Homewood Suites in the Blue Lagoon neighborhood, plus a very isolated Embassy Suites. Downtown there is another Homewood Suites in the Mary Brickell area, near lots of local dining and shopping options.

Port shuttles in Miami are only offered by a few airport area hotels. Stay where you want, forget about shuttles, and use Uber, Lyft and taxis.

Thanks.  The cruise is end of April.  

5 hours ago, BlueHerons said:

What is your idea of reasonably priced and what time of year.

An August hotel will be half of what a February hotel would cost.

I would pick a Brickell hotel but your price point would determine which.

14 minutes ago, Kapin777 said:

Thanks.  The cruise is end of April.  

You may have better luck booking two hotel rooms off hotwire.  The end of April is just coming off peak season.

I can't think of an all suite hotel not at the airport which is a dismal area, aside from the Doubletree.

I would search hotwire for two rooms downtown Miami.  After you win, call the hotel and request adjoining rooms.  It not being peak season will be in your favor.

Thanks.  That is what I'm starting to think also.  I see there is an Embassy Suites right by the airport. 

I see some good hotels in Brickell.  In FLL, I know the areas and where to stay.  As I've basically never cruised out of Miami, I have no clue about the areas.  Is Brickell a good area?  Good as in safe and able to go out and walk around to find food. 

Thanks again for all the assistance. 

1 minute ago, BlueHerons said:

You may have better luck booking two hotel rooms off hotwire.  The end of April is just coming off peak season.

I can't think of an all suite hotel not at the airport which is a dismal area, aside from the Doubletree.

I would search hotwire for two rooms downtown Miami.  After you win, call the hotel and request adjoining rooms.  It not being peak season will be in your favor.

4 minutes ago, Kapin777 said:

Thanks.  That is what I'm starting to think also.  I see there is an Embassy Suites right by the airport. 

I see some good hotels in Brickell.  In FLL, I know the areas and where to stay.  As I've basically never cruised out of Miami, I have no clue about the areas.  Is Brickell a good area?  Good as in safe and able to go out and walk around to find food. 

Thanks again for all the assistance. 

Brickell is very safe.

The Mod lives downtown/Brickell and she can tell you some fun things to do with your kids and where to eat. @cjskids 

That Embassy is isolated at the airport and there is nowhere to eat.  Miami is a cool city, by staying downtown you get to see a part of it.

Edited by BlueHerons