Club Restaurant on the Magica?

marsworth75

Yes, the Club Vicenza on deck 11 is usually reserved for suite guests and included in the Deluxe fare. The fact is that it is not exclusively reserved for suite guests because the other passengers can go there by paying a fee 

Edited by ITCruiser94

Unless this has changed Suite guests now eat in the upper MDR on deck four, this is a separate area set aside for them. You might even have a table number assigned to you in the evening, though not for lunch.

On our second on the Magica (Done 5 it's our favourite ship) we ate in Club deck 11, last one deck four, with Perla Diamante members this may have been due to numbers so do check once on board.

To be honest I think I preferred deck four seemed more involved to other guests yet still like a separate dining room.

7 hours ago, tenpin said:

Unless this has changed Suite guests now eat in the upper MDR on deck four, this is a separate area set aside for them. You might even have a table number assigned to you in the evening, though not for lunch.

On our second on the Magica (Done 5 it's our favourite ship) we ate in Club deck 11, last one deck four, with Perla Diamante members this may have been due to numbers so do check once on board.

To be honest I think I preferred deck four seemed more involved to other guests yet still like a separate dining room.

I don't know when you have been onboard Magica but after the drydock held in autumn 2017, from the beginning of 2018, a dedicated kitchen was added to the club restaurant and the suite guests have usually been assigned to that restaurant.

Obviously Costa can change the restaurant assigned to suite guests for operative reasons

19 hours ago, tenpin said:

This was similar to Neo Romantica, suite guests had a separate area on the way into the MDR.  We still have anytime dining, and no set table, but felt like we were in the corridor on the way in to the main dining room. The Club restaurant was a pay for specialty restaurant and everyone paid.

17 hours ago, ITCruiser94 said:

I don't know when you have been onboard Magica but after the drydock held in autumn 2017, from the beginning of 2018, a dedicated kitchen was added to the club restaurant and the suite guests have usually been assigned to that restaurant.

Obviously Costa can change the restaurant assigned to suite guests for operative reasons

2005, 2008, 2011, 2016, 2018.

We ate in the upper MDR deck four in 2016 all other times in the Club Restaurant deck 11.

This was as the new Costa Club rules were introduced & Perla Diamante members & Suite guests mixed together, later it was change back to Suite Guests in Club & Diamante member's in upper MDR aft as the Club Restaurant could not accommodate all the guests.

I much preferred it when the club restaurant was special we looked forward to eating there at least twice every cruise, now it is just nice, but nothing special serving almost the same food ( although better & warmer) than all restaurants.

Costa war on food waste is a good thing, but food now is more style & presentation than flavour & taste IMO.