Norwegian Free Airfare

JLSHAW

Hey guys,

First time cruiser and my family and I booked a promo through Norwegian that includes airfare. There are 6 of us travelling together but we were only able to book one stateroom at a time. When we log into our NCL accounts there are flights showing (no times but the routes) and we are all showing on different flights. I called their airfare department and they said actual flights will not be confirmed until 50 days before departure and that we are all travelling as a family and want to fly in and out together. The response was vague that they will “try” to get us on the same flight and the itineraries showing are just to “temporarily hold flights until they decide”. Just wondering if anyone has run into this before and if you indeed were able to travel together? We are traveling 6 hours to the airport and really do not want to spend time waiting for each other’s arrivals. 

We also traveled with 6 people/3 cabins, we were all on same flight. I called numerous times to make sure our reservations were linked together and notes were added in computer system. Once I saw first cabin air reservation, I called to remind them of the other cabins linked to mine. 

I'm traveling as one of 3 people in 2 cabins, separate reservations.  The flights for the two cabins were initially different but 2 days before the flights were confirmed the flights for one of the rooms changed and were aligned with those for the other room.  Final booking has all of us on the same flights.  I was told reservations couldn't be linked for the purpose of matching air reservations.

It may help that we're not originating at a major airport.

Flights were finalized between 40 and 50 days out.

32 minutes ago, hallux said:

I'm traveling as one of 3 people in 2 cabins, separate reservations.  The flights for the two cabins were initially different but 2 days before the flights were confirmed the flights for one of the rooms changed and were aligned with those for the other room.  Final booking has all of us on the same flights.  I was told reservations couldn't be linked for the purpose of matching air reservations.

It may help that we're not originating at a major airport.

Flights were finalized between 40 and 50 days out.

That’s great news! Were you initially showing on different connections? When I called they did show our reservations as “cross-referenced” so fingers crossed!

49 minutes ago, kapcruiser said:

We also traveled with 6 people/3 cabins, we were all on same flight. I called numerous times to make sure our reservations were linked together and notes were added in computer system. Once I saw first cabin air reservation, I called to remind them of the other cabins linked to mine. 

Thanks so much for your reply! That is reassuring for sure. 

We were traveling with a third person in another cabin. Originally our air was even on different airlines, but our TA was able to get us on the same airline, the same schedule. We are very satisfied even if we are leaving a bit earlier than I wished we were. Better to leave early than not get to ship much before sailing time. And  I am happy we are all on the same plane and seats are together. 

• Thanks 1