A few Enchantment questions

Tys Mom

We are taking a 5 day cruise on the Enchantment in August. I have a few questions I was hoping someone could answer for me.

:) What time can we expect to disembark once back in Port Everglade?

:) When cruising on other lines, cabins have a basket of nice little product samples / toiletries. Does RCL provide something similar?

:) There are some family members traveling with us that are booked in the least expensive cabins. Can they expect an upgrade?

:) What would you recommend that is a "shouldn't miss"?

:) Are there any freebies offered that we should be aware of?

Also, what is the best way to get from RCL's pier to Alamo car rental at the airport (taxi, bus, etc.)?

Thank you, in advance.

I'll try to answer a few of your questions now. We're leaving on Enchantment in four weeks, so if you don't get answers before then, I'll try to respond when we return. I've only cruised once before, so I'm probably not the best person to answer everything!

Disembark: I believe they start around 8:30am. Everyone is usually off within two hours of that so they can start cleaning for the next passengers.

On Navigator in 2004, there were no samples/freebies in the cabin. There is liquid soap/shampoo in the shower (I'm not sure which is it...I brought my own shampoo so I used theirs as soap). And of course, bars of soap for the bathroom.

I can't speak for upgrades. It probably depends on how full your cruise is.

Shouldn't miss...QUEST!!!!! And we loved the Love & Marriage show on Navigator!!

I'd love to learn of any freebies also! Hopefully someone else will answer.

I don't know about the car rental places either...sorry!

I hope this helps a little. Happy cruising!!

I know that the ship disembarks at 5:00 p.m. You can start getting on around noon. They usually start letting you get in your cabins around 1:00 p.m. We are sailing for the first time on Enchantment AND Royal Caribbean on Feb 23, so we are looking for the answers too! Sounds like a great ship!

We were off the ship at 9:15am but keep in mind that customs can hold the ship longer before releasing passangers off the ship. If you are flying out of FLL, book a flight after 12noon and you should be OK.

We had an inside cabin, nothing special for cheap people like me. :D If you have a suite, my guess is they might do something like that.

You won't get an upgrade unless you booked a guarantee cabin in which an outside is possible depending on availability. You can purchase an upgrade when you check in though.

You must go see the "Love and Marriage" game in the theater. Very funny.

RCCL gives away a lot of stuff and they will announce it over the PA and in the Cruise Compass.

Taxi fare from FLL to the pier was $16+tip. Tell the driver Pier 25 Port Everglades Royal Caribbean and they know where to go. Pier to FLL was $18+tip. (I have no idea why it was more $$$ going to FLL) plenty of taxis at the pier when you get off the ship. No shortage of them.

Can anyone please tell me which night is formal night? We will be on Enchantment in Dec and trying to plan our tours.

Thanks for the help

We were on Enchantment earlier this month... formal night was Day 2 (Key West).

Have a great time! We did! :D

What time can we expect to disembark once back in Port Everglade?[/size][/font]

DO you mean 'embark'? I've gotten on the ship as early as 11am. However, I'm Diamond so I'm in the first group to board. But if oyu get to the pier early you can expect to be onboard by noon.

:) When cruising on other lines, cabins have a basket of nice little product samples / toiletries. Does RCL provide something similar? No. But don't worry... RCI makes up for it in other ways!!! :)

:) There are some family members traveling with us that are booked in the least expensive cabins. Can they expect an upgrade? Only if they're willing to pay for it!

:) What would you recommend that is a "shouldn't miss"? OMG - DO NOT MISS THE QUEST!!!!!! IT IS AN ABSOLUTE MUST-SEE!!!!

:) Are there any freebies offered that we should be aware of? No... well... if you collect ship shape dollars you can trade them in at the end of the week for a keychain, t-shirt, towel... depending on how many ship shape dollars you collect throughout the cruise.

Also, what is the best way to get from RCL's pier to Alamo car rental at the airport (taxi, bus, etc.)?

I would say grab a taxi. The airport is very close to the pier so it shouldn't cost too much.

Archived