Currently on Oosterdam - ship problem?

Emu2302

17 hours ago, canadianbear said:

Us too-we didn’t feel it as we were having breakfast in the Pinnacle-we heard the announcement though!  

Will miss you this time on the Oosterdam as we aren’t going until end of November.  Enjoy the cruise!  

I was in the buffet in the back of the ship , I heard the scrap of metal and the smell , I thought it was a fire at first

15 hours ago, lindaler said:

That sounds like a neighbor on one cruise I was on. You could tell when he woke up because he always slammed his bathroom door so hard it shook everything on that wall. And then he must have forgotten his razor because he would slam it twice more when he went out and then back in, and then when he was done. The first time he did it I thought we had hit a log but then you could hear the toilet flush so I knew we weren't going to sink.

We been in this situation and think it possibly OP's problem.  The door closers on the bathroom door on some ships are beyond-industrial in strength and the bathroom door really makes a THUMP when allowed to close from fully open. We've heard it form the next cabin.  This could also effect the cabin door, too.