Honolulu Waikiki Trolley - How busy & cost per trip

LiveToCruise99

We will be in Honolulu for one day in early November.  We are thinking about using the trolley to do our sight seeing.  I'm always concerned about how busy it will be and how much time might be wasted waiting for the next trolley or transferring and worrying if the next trolley might be full.   Has anyone taken it who can tell me how busy it typically is at that time of year?  I think we are the only ship in port that day.  How long do you have to wait between trolleys?  And lastly, I can find all kinds of offers to sell me a daily pass but I thought I read you could pay as you go.  And if so, how much is it each time you board?  Thank you.

1 hour ago, LiveToCruise99 said:

We will be in Honolulu for one day in early November.  We are thinking about using the trolley to do our sight seeing.  I'm always concerned about how busy it will be and how much time might be wasted waiting for the next trolley or transferring and worrying if the next trolley might be full.   Has anyone taken it who can tell me how busy it typically is at that time of year?  I think we are the only ship in port that day.  How long do you have to wait between trolleys?  And lastly, I can find all kinds of offers to sell me a daily pass but I thought I read you could pay as you go.  And if so, how much is it each time you board?  Thank you.

You're probably better off asking this question on a place like Tripadvisor.  You can read reviews from people who have used the trolley plus read comments/questions on the Waikiki forum.

The number of ships in port make little difference to how busy they'll be since the bulk of tourism in Honolulu doesn't come from cruisers. Plus, first-time cruisers who arrive in Honolulu often like to take excursions further afield. 

Edited by ell52
fixed/removed link

On 9/23/2019 at 1:08 PM, LiveToCruise99 said:

If you are referring to the Waikiki Trolley, it is $45 a day. The Bus is a far better alternative.