What's the dance options like on Adventure of the Seas?

alvie03

My husband and I will be taking our 5th cruise in March of 2020 - an 8-night southern cruise on Adventure of the Seas to the ABC islands.  Our first cruise was 5 years ago on Jewel of the Seas and we had an absolute phenomenal experience even though it wasn't a mega ship.  Our 2nd cruise was a 7-night western cruise on Adventure of the Seas.  Our luggage on a non-stop flight (day off cruise departure) did not arrive until day 3; however, it didn't stop us from having a great time. The next two were 7-night western cruises on Allure and Oasis of the Seas.  What I loved about the mega ships are the activity options; however, I thought the pool were smaller and nightlife options lacking for dancing (maybe only 2 real good nights). There were definitely issues on the larger ships with what I would consider a lack of respect for cruise workers and passengers; however, maybe this is typical due to more people more chance for issues to arise.  Sorry but I am not of opinion that children should not be watched by their parents while in public areas of the ship, especially the pool area.  I also didn't like the fact that on Oasis and Allure parents brought their young children (probably 5 or younger) into the bars late at night (midnight, 1:00am).  There were also several nights where large groups (parents/young kids) disrupted the bar so much that the performer had to stop performing for a while. I was worried too that a fight would end up breaking out but luckily the performer was able to diffuse the situation and the group got the hint that a different location on the ship would be suited for their group get together.  The adult hot tubs on the large ships were also taken over in the late afternoon and early evenings by young kids and so much so that adults ended leaving the hot tub for a quieter place to relax.        

I know Adventure of the Seas was refurbished since our last cruise 4 years ago and am wondering if the update included the cabins and how it impacted the nightlife for dancing options (we like more current music and good ole rock and roll music from the late 60's and 70's).  Since the most important things to us are cabin maintenance (clean cabin with a great mattress), pool size and dance options, is Adventure of the Seas still a good a great choice and if so, is it a great choice for cruise itinerary to the ABC islands?  

11 hours ago, alvie03 said:

Since the most important things to us are cabin maintenance (clean cabin with a great mattress), pool size and dance options, is Adventure of the Seas still a good a great choice and if so, is it a great choice for cruise itinerary to the ABC islands?  

It all depends on how picky your are. Most cabins only had carpet and sofa replaced during the last dry dock. Mattress comfort is about as subjective as food. The dance options vary by sailing and CD's whims.

Biker, who would not hesitate to sail Adventure to ABC islands or anywhere else.

We have found best dancing is on ships with a centrum in Radiance and Vision classes. Sedate/older music starting pre-dinner around 5:00 then contemporary and 60’s/70’s starts around 8:00 or 9:00. Usually Viking Crown has a dance floor with piped music or DJ late night. Other bars and poolside have music although not necessarily danceable. Sometimes ballroom music will be piped into the nightclub lounge. Of course, every ship and cruise varies (we thought the the Jewel centrum was too small for dancing). I haven’t been on Adventure, but we cruise on Serenade often (same Radiance class as Jewel) and she does southern Caribbean.