Cruise Planner Bookings and Change to Cruise

LuCruise

Question....We currently have the $18 drink package on our Mariner cruise on a refundable booking.  

1. If we get a price drop on current booking, then this will not affect our cruise planner purchase, right? (99.9% pretty sure on this)
  2. If we change from non-refundable to refundable, then will will not affect our cruise planner purchase, right?  (i.e. still have $18 drink package)
  3. If we cancel and rebook (to get lower taxes), then I'm guessing the cruise planner purchase will be gone?

No change to Cruise Planner purchases if you get a price drop.

You cannot change from non-refundable to refundable without cancelling.

If you cancel, your Cruise Planner purchases will also be cancelled and you will receive refunds for those purchases.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

No change to Cruise Planner purchases if you get a price drop.

Thanks.  What about if we switch from refundable to non-refundable? Considering this option.  I'm guessing not since we would keep our stateroom, but just want to make sure.

1 minute ago, LuCruise said:

Thanks.  What about if we switch from refundable to non-refundable? Considering this option.  I'm guessing not since we would keep our stateroom, but just want to make sure.

I don't believe there would be  a change to Cruise Planner purchases when moving to non-refundable.  However, I'd wait for Ellen or Ken or one of our other resident booking experts to come by and confirm.

17 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I don't believe there would be  a change to Cruise Planner purchases when moving to non-refundable.  However, I'd wait for Ellen or Ken or one of our other resident booking experts to come by and confirm.

Thanks.  I guess another question...we booked this cruise while onboard.  Last time we got a price drop, we were able to keep the OBC for booking onboard.  Do we also get to keep it for refundable to non-refundable? Or do we lose it in that case?  

15 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Thanks.  I guess another question...we booked this cruise while onboard.  Last time we got a price drop, we were able to keep the OBC for booking onboard.  Do we also get to keep it for refundable to non-refundable? Or do we lose it in that case?  

Yes you would keep your box and you should be able to keep the drink package if you switch to nonrefundable

6 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Yes you would keep your box and you should be able to keep the drink package if you switch to nonrefundable

Thank you!  I assume you meant "keep your obc"? 🙂

Great news if we can keep both.  Now to decide whether to switch (as we usually wait for flights to switch to non-refundable)