P&O Bus transfer to Southampton

mickrory

Hi all

I've got my cruise documentation for our Britannia cruise in 4 weeks, luggage tags, setsail form, cabin allocation etc so it looks like we're good to go.

Only thing I haven't got is a voucher for the coach which we're picking up at Manchester Airport. On our P&O itinerary it just says "Transfer MAN-SOU 2nd departure included passenger 1 and 2"

Is this sufficient? I'm assuming we board the 2nd bus but there's nothing to tell us where we board or what time, all seems very vague.

Fri 25 Oct 19
Transfer: Man-sou - 2nd Departure
Included: Passengers 1 & 2

We have done this itinerary many times with P&0. We found although given allocated coach time etc .,when we have arrived at the airport/ bus station they seem to just fill up the coaches from allocated groups / queues of people who have arrived . Obviously taking details of names etc . 

The coach pick up is on ground level at the airport railway station.

Take no notice of allocated coach numbers you have been given. Clearly if the coaches were filled like that and were waiting for late comers they would never get to Southampton !!!

The operation is run like clockwork by P&O. There is a kiosk set up in the ground floor foyer. They have a list of all passengers booked on the complimentary coaches. Check in with them any time after about 7am. They will give you a ticket with a coach number on. First 50 or so allocated number 1 and then the next 50 number 2 and so on. They start filling coaches 1,2, 3 etc. 

Luggage is loaded and you will not see it again until it is outside your cabin on the ship.

We are on Azura transatlantic on October 18th. It will be the third year we have done it. 

Hope this helps.

Mike and Sue