Carnival Glory Christmas Itinerary - What can be booked online now?

will88

We booked the Glory Christmas trip from NO to Cozumel, Costa Maya etc. When we cruised with RCL and NCL the last couple of years, they all offered booking of some shows/activities online ahead of the time, but I couldn't find any (free) show/activity to book ahead for Carnival Glory online. I could only buy wifi package, excursion, photo package etc. (everything that's not free seems available online). Is that really the case or I simply didn't find the right place to book shows? I tried "Cruise Manager", "Planner", "explore" (which showed what entertainment/activities are available but one can't book any).

If we can't book any show ahead of the time, what's the best way to book them? Do we just get on the ship and immediately head somewhere (like theatre box office) to book all the shows?

Also has anyone watched Youtube etc. streaming sites with the premium wifi plan? Was it reasonable? Is there anything like NCL's $10 plan that allow you to call/text onboard to another person with the plan?

Thanks!

Carnival doesn't do reservations for their entertainment.  You just walk in and find a seat.  The earlier you arrive, the better your chances of getting a good seat.  Especially at the comedy club.  Those fill up fast.

On our last cruise on the Horizon, Sister in Law had the middle WiFi plan and she was even texting to her sister back home.  They are upgrading the WiFi on some of the older ships so I'm not sure if the Glory has been upgraded or not.  The original WiFi's were sporadic.  

@RWolver672 Thanks for the reply! I kinda remember my previous 2 Carnival cruises I did walkin too, just thought now they might have reservation - that'd be nice particularly we're 2 families going together. Might be tough to walk in some shows.

For wifi we found that for Glory the reviews were horrible as late as March 2019, so maybe we won't be able to use it much - need it more for text/wifi calling. People say even premium was worthless, not sure if it supports reasonable wifi calling.

One good thing about Glory is it has two large theaters that are used for their shows. You shouldn’t have trouble finding seats together for any show, including comedy, as long as you show up 10 - 15 minutes prior to the start time. 

A previous poster mentioned comedy seats fill up fast, but that is more of an issue on Vista class ships and Destiny class ships that have undergone major renovations. These ships have much smaller theaters (they are called lounges on these ships).