Queen Victoria --- Princess Grill Cabins

Just2guys

A few questions regarding Princess Grill Cabins on Queen Victoria --- Decks 5 & 6.

I seem to remember a few years ago now someone had mentioned on CC that right across from cabin 5094 (or 5098) and cabin 6094 or (6098)  ---I cannot remember which ones--- there was a crew station and it tended to be quite noisy with crew coming and going a great deal of the time.  We were in a cabin once on the Queen Elizabeth with a crew station directly across from us and, while we did mention the noise to Reception, it only helped somewhat as the doors were constantly slamming and crew members talking rather loudly.  Still enjoyed the cruise but would like to not be in that situation again, if at all possible.

Anyone stayed in either or these cabins on the Queen Victoria (or maybe others that I did not mention) where this was an issue.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any input someone could offer.

We had the same issue in 6092 on QE. We were on for 20 nights - one morning at 5am, I opened our cabin door and asked them to quieten down a little.  If you look at the QV deck plan, it appears that the same indentation is showing so it is probably the same crew area where the staff congregate. It looks the same outside 6097 too.

There is an opening opposite 6098/6103 but this is for the staff stairwell/lifts.  Staff use this to move around the ship but the door is only left open on embarkation/disembarkation as this is where the luggage is brought up to the deck.  I do not know if the door bangs when staff go in and out at other times during the voyage but if I had a choice of cabin, I don't think I'd take a chance on booking this just in case.

Never noticed any issues on deck 5 or 4 for that matter in PG.  Love deck 4 the most as the balconies are deeper than the other decks - overlooked by those above, but worth it for the extra space.

Also avoid deck 8 - 8078  had the noise of catering trolleys overhead, passing between the winter garden and lido on vinyl flooring.

Edited by Lynnewob

We stayed in 5094 on Northern European cruise a couple of years ago. It was fine apart from a slightly restricted balcony. We noticed no noise and my wife is a light sleeper and was unwell on the cruise. We had 2 days of rough weather and were glad to be midships on a lower deck. We found the cabin very comfortable although we prefer the QM2 style of P cabins.

• 1 month later...