Barcelona hotels near the train station

metsfan47

26 minutes ago, metsfan47 said:

We will be flying to Barcelona, spending one night in a hotel, and then taking the train to Girona.

Can anyone recommend a good hotel that is not far from the train station?

Thanks.

There are 2 or 3 stations

Barcelona Sants, Estacion de Francia and Passieg de Gracia.

Worth checking

On 10/6/2019 at 3:45 PM, metsfan47 said:

Ahh, I thought that was the station name.

Sants is the name of the neighborhood so you'll find several businesses/locations with Sants in the name.  Here is the Wikipedia link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sants

We had an extended stay at The Bicycle Apartments in Sants this summer though you're probably better off with the Barcelo Sants for one night.  It was about a 15 minute walk for us from our apartment to the Sants train station.

A random fact is that MaTeS shoes are made in Sants, you'd never even know the store or the factory workshop were there unless you were looking.  I'd never heard of them but found them as part of our exploration, the company has a great story, it's still owned by the founder's daughter.

3 minutes ago, CruiseDigits said:

Sants is the name of the neighborhood so you'll find several businesses/locations with Sants in the name.  Here is the Wikipedia link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sants

We had an extended stay at The Bicycle Apartments in Sants this summer though you're probably better off with the Barcelo Sants for one night.  It was about a 15 minute walk for us from our apartment to the Sants train station.

A random fact is that MaTeS shoes are made in Sants, you'd never even know the store or the factory workshop were there unless you were looking.  I'd never heard of them but found them as part of our exploration, the company has a great story, it's still owned by the founder's daughter.

Thanks for the explanation. 

• Like 1

We did this a few years back, and stayed at the Europark in Eixample.  I can't remember which station it was, presumably Sants.  I do remember that we walked to the metro and on to the train station, with no problem. 

It was a nice time.  We spent the night in Girona and then went on the next day for a day trip to Figueras to see the Gaudi Museo.