Switching Rooms

jruhmann

We have 6 people (2 parents, 2 18yr old boys and 2 young teen girls) sailing on the Carnival Vista in June 2020. We booked a Havana Suite for the adults and young teens, and a Havana Cabana from the 18yr olds. When booking, carnival told us we had to put a parent in each room and 1 18yr old in each room and then the parent and 18 yr old could just switch rooms when on board, so I am booked I’m the Cabana with my sons friend and my wife is booked in the suite with my son. But I just realized that neither of us will have access to the right room? Is it possible to have both rooms on our sail and sign cards?

We did it on 2 different cruises. I booked a room with 2 of our boys and myself. And a second room with my wife and our youngest son. Then after boarding. I went down to guest services and they gave me a second cord for my wife room and gave my son a card for the room with his brothers and switched us around. But as far as I know.  They can't put both rooms on the same card.

• 3 weeks later...

When you board, just go to guest services and ask for dup room keys.  I’ve done it all 3 of my Carnival cruises for the exact reason you are mentioning w/o any prob.  Once done, each member of the family (4 of us) had two cards one for each of the 2 rooms.  However, only one was a sail and sign card w charging priveledges.