Princess vs ncl hubbard?

JjC81

2 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

Sounds like you're doing your research.  Glad you didn't jump on the booking yet.  Enjoy the research turmoil, it's part of the fun!

I'm very appreciative for all the insight and tips/advice. 🙂

The research is fun, stressful, and expensive all in a pretty little box lol

I love adventure. Not sure where I got it cuz my family doesn't but my husband and I do. But with kids we are more cautious and husband is adamant he wants a portion done by someone else 🙂

that said I'm guessing IPS is not a really important spot to visit? I'm hoping we see orcas elsewhere 

Many like ISP and you'll find many positive reviews. My preference for whale watching is Juneau.  Both ISP and Juneau guarantee whale sightings, mostly humpbacks. Orcas are really hit and miss with the best spots near Vancouver/Victoria.

18 hours ago, JjC81 said:

I'm guessing IPS is not a really important spot to visit? 

My opinion is that Icy Point Strait is an interesting port to visit if you have also visited Juneau, Ketchikan, Skagway, and Sitka in the past or on your current cruise.  At ICP, I enjoyed the connection to the Tinglit culture that I had missed on previous Alaskan cruises and well as the self-guided tour through the old salmon cannery and the tour through their rain forest.

I know there will be those who disagree, but Royal Caribbean and Celebrity do not have the Alaska cruise/tour experience nor their own lodges/hotels that Princess and Holland America do.  I prefer to book with a company that has a longer track record in offering cruises/tours where I wish to go.

I have yet to do a whale watching specific tour, but have seen many from the deck of my ships.  Maybe during my next Alaska trip, I will opt for such a tour.