Ever cruised week before Thanksgiving?

KarenRB

Considering booking a last-minute cruise the week before Thanksgiving on the Breakaway out of Miami.  For those of you who've cruised this week, is the demographic usually kid heavy?  I thought I read a post one time that it was but it seems to me like Thanksgiving week would have more since they wouldn't have to miss as much school.

Not kid-averse, I just get enough whining and crying at work. (Pediatric RN)

Karen

Have cruised many times the week before and in my experience it’s very light with kids and ships weren’t completely full. It’s been 4-5 years since we cruised that particular week so the ship capacity may have changed but I believe you will see very few kids. 

Have cruised a few times during thanksgiving week for family reunion. Many others onboard doing the same so quite a few kids. Great way to get family together for a holiday. Quite nice. A great place to visit is Atlantis Bahamas to view ncaa college basketball games. We saw Kansas and other great teams in their small stadium excellent close seating. I hope to repeat this in our family future. 19 in our group and many others with groups.