Transportation Tampa to Port Canaveral

ustoo

Can anyone offer advice on transportation from Tampa to Port Canaveral? My daughter and a friend booked a cruise from the Port but they couldn't get a flight into Orlando. Does Carnival offer transportation from Tampa airport? Should they rent a car and is there a drop off place near the pier? If anyone has done this and can advise, I would appreciate the help.

Thanks

Never have done that before, but being from Tampa. I would rent a car and keep it. I would think any taxi service is going to be exspensive. Its about 1 1/2 hrs to may be 2 1/2 hr trip. Depending on the traffic. You would have to use I-4 to get through Orlando. I may be off on the time. Its been a while since I have done that trip. And I have only done it a few times.

Unless someone else knows a better way.. Good Luck to you.

From TAMPA INTERNATIONAL TO THE CAPE CANAVERAL IS 134 MILES. It is probably an easy all interstate drive. Driving time is about 2.5 hours. I would allow atleast 3 hours due to traffic on I-4. renting a car would probably be your best bet.

Good luck and Happy cruising.

SUsan

If your daughter does rent a car. Make sure that she gets off I-4 before going thru Orlando. Staying on I-4 will have her ending up in DAytona which is 45 minutes north of the docks. Tell her to take the Beeline which is a toll road but a straight shot to the Port and the rental car drop off agents.

Can anyone offer advice on transportation from Tampa to Port Canaveral? My daughter and a friend booked a cruise from the Port but they couldn't get a flight into Orlando. Does Carnival offer transportation from Tampa airport? Should they rent a car and is there a drop off place near the pier? If anyone has done this and can advise, I would appreciate the help.

Thanks

If she hasn't booked yet, have her try either Melbourne ,West Palm Beach.or Jacksonville

PBI to the port is about the same as from Tampa.

Thanks for your help. Cruisde connection dosen't offer service from Tampa to Port Canaveral so I guess it will be a rental car. It looks like it is about a 3 hour drive (hope she will have enough time). Appreciate the tip on the beeline. One last question for anyone familiar with the area or who has rented a car there. Which rental car company is closest to the port?

Again, your help is really appreciated

Thanks for your help. Cruisde connection dosen't offer service from Tampa to Port Canaveral so I guess it will be a rental car. It looks like it is about a 3 hour drive (hope she will have enough time). Appreciate the tip on the beeline. One last question for anyone familiar with the area or who has rented a car there. Which rental car company is closest to the port?

Again, your help is really appreciated

I drive Tampa to Port Canaveral on a regular basis. Estimated drive time with no accidents is 1.75-2.00 hours. I personally have not yet rented a car to take from Tampa to PC; however, I have inquired and Avis and Budget stick out in my mind as companies that have one-way rentals along with PC transport to the port.

I beg to differ on the recommendation of taking the Beeline. No need to even go that far into the greater Orlando area. The 'Greenway' (approximate $6.00 tolls but well worth it) off of I-4 will take your girls over to PC with no congestion (barring accidents which I have never experienced on the Greenway). If you'd like me to break the directions down, just post another note.

Enjoy the weekend, all.

Thanks for the reply Sea Turtle. I was going to use mapquest or triple A to get directions for them but it sounds like you're a very experienced driver on that route. Since you offered, I'd like to take you up on your driving directions using the Greenway since it sounds like the shortest route and time could become a problem.

Thank You

I agree, if they take the 417 (Greenway) north off 1-4 it will bypass alot of Disney traffic. However, from the 417 they will still need to take 528 (Beeline, or now called the Beachline) to Port Canaveral. If they stay on the 417, they will end up in Sanford.

Here's a map of the Central Florida toll roads:

ExpressMap2006.pdf

Thanks for the reply Sea Turtle. I was going to use mapquest or triple A to get directions for them but it sounds like you're a very experienced driver on that route.

Trip A is good for directions (best of all the online options) but I knew if you ran it not knowing about alternative highways, it would lead you straight to the Beeline. Which as cruisemom2 points out you will eventually make a turn on. Contact me at SeaTurtle12@tampabay.rr.com and I will forward directions (a bit lengthy for me to post full directions here) or go to AAA and run your route as Location Type Airport:TPA Tampa International Airport then Location Type Address: ! Sr-417 N on the address line and Orlando 32824 on the City/Zip line then add Location Type Cruise Port: Select Port Canaveral. As you can see lots of friendly Floridians here to help you out. Just keep posting until you read what works best for you. :D Basically it's get out of Tampa airport and on to I-275 North to I-4 East to SR-417/Greeneway Exit; continue until you reach exit for SR-528/Beeline East and follow signs to Cruise Port once you cross over the Indian River and the Banana River.

Did the girls already purchase their air? Like gkrebs mentions above, lots of other airport alternatives. Earlier this week Delta was running some good fares into Melbourne. Don't know your point of origin but you may want to run your route via Delta into Melbourne. Much closer than Tampa to PC.

When and what ship are the girls cruising? Just curious! :)

Enjoy the day, all.

Archived