SeaPass/Charging Privileges for kids

greenpony

Is it necessary or useful to allow an 8 year old charging privileges on his SeaPass? I don't expect him to be roaming the ship independently, but he is planning on taking part in AO. It also doesn't appear that I can put a relatively small limit on his SeaPass.

Assuming that he has a drink sticker on his card, are there any other AO activities (group kid dinners, etc.) with an associated cost? Can I set him up with a small arcade account?

Thanks for your help.

jeannie

We took our 7 year old last year and there wasn't anything for him to spend money on. Except the Coke card and we did that for him. The rest of the time, he didn't have his card. Because you take them to Adventure Ocean and you pick them up. They don't do anything there to spend money on. They don't go to the arcade except one time and they asked for 10.00 cash for their spending money. So I would have to say you shouldn't have to worry about it.

I think you can put an amount on the Seapass for them to spend if you want. I let my kids go into the gift shop and buy a few things but I was with them. They thought it was so cool to make the purchase themselves.

Have fun!

On all of our cruises I have given my son a lanyard to put his seapass in so as not to lose it and he keeps it with him at all times. It is also deactivated before we step onboard. NO CHARGES ALLOWED. On the Explorer you used your seapass card to buy an arcade card, which is what he used. I bought what I thought was a reasonable amount and gave him the card. Keeping in mind it doesn't work off of the quarter system it is off the points system. Most games cost over $1.00 to play BEWARE. $20.00 will go very fast in the arcade.

Good luck and have a great time.

What we did when my son was 9 (at 9 they can sign out of the AO if you give permission) was put $200 cash on his seapass card at the pursers desk.

This gave him $20 a night for the arcade for 7 nights and 80 for drinks and shopping. We told him what he did not spend he could keep. He ended up bringing around $75 home. We did not purchase a soda card as he is not a soda drinker, he liked to get the fruit punch drinks.

Hi all -

Question about the sea pass... We're taking our 18 year old son on the cruise. Being the "grown up" that he is, he wants to buy items without mom and dad. Can he use his own credit card for his sea pass and keep a separate account? I guess independence does have it's pros and cons!

Dona :)

Archived