Help with a City Tour in Dubai.

Utdutd20

We will be cruising from Dubai early December on the MSC Bellissima.  We have decided to do the Dubai Mall area and go up the Burj Khalifa on embarkation day as we do not sail till 11pm.  
We return to Dubai the following week and are due to dock at 9am for an overnight stay before we disembark on the Saturday.  
We are considering doing the Big Bus Tour so we can see as much as possible of Dubai on the Friday.  However as there are 6 of us I was wondering if a private taxi tour would be better.  Problem  is I have no idea how to organise this.  Are there Taxi’s at the port offering guided tours as there are in other cities and if so what is the likelihood of getting one that can accommodate 6 adults?  Can anyone suggest / recommend a company to contact before hand to book a private tour.  
Any help or advise would be much appreciated.

5 hours ago, Utdutd20 said:

We will be cruising from Dubai early December on the MSC Bellissima.  We have decided to do the Dubai Mall area and go up the Burj Khalifa on embarkation day as we do not sail till 11pm.  
We return to Dubai the following week and are due to dock at 9am for an overnight stay before we disembark on the Saturday.  
We are considering doing the Big Bus Tour so we can see as much as possible of Dubai on the Friday.  However as there are 6 of us I was wondering if a private taxi tour would be better.  Problem  is I have no idea how to organise this.  Are there Taxi’s at the port offering guided tours as there are in other cities and if so what is the likelihood of getting one that can accommodate 6 adults?  Can anyone suggest / recommend a company to contact before hand to book a private tour.  
Any help or advise would be much appreciated.

Yes, there are taxis at the cruise terminal however you are unlikely to find an MPV that would comfortably take 6 passengers.  Also, the taxi drivers are just that and many are relatively new arrivals who make good use of SatNav to get around the city so I would not recommend them as guides for a day tour!!  There are several tour companies who do take visitors on guided day tours and you can easily check on them by either doing a Google search or by checking options and reviews on Tripadvisor.   I think one of them, Arabian Adventures, may even have a desk within the terminal building as several of the cruise lines contract them for their shorex...

Anne...