Hilton St Charles in NOLA

DeBlonde1

I haven't seen many people mention this hotel.  Is it a safe and decent location?  Walkable to night life (Music, bars) and other things a first timer should see if they had only 1 night in NOLA?   I was looking at a haunted pub crawl, but the location seems to be about a mile away.    We are 3 ladies and want to be safe when walking around at night.  Any advice and tips are appreciated.

Thanks!

There are two full service Hiltons in NOLA. The St. Charles, which is 6-10 blocks from the river and the Hilton Riverside, which is right next to the cruise port and overlooks the river. Both are good hotels, but they are not that near each other. I have stayed across from the Hilton Riverside (in the Intercontinental) a few times. It is a good location and only a few blocks from Canal and the FQ area. That said, it can be a bit lonely at night, so cabs back to the hotel might be in order.

6 hours ago, dctravel said:

. I have stayed across from the Hilton Riverside (in the Intercontinental) a few times. It is a good location and only a few blocks from Canal and the FQ area. That said, it can be a bit lonely at night, so cabs back to the hotel might be in order.

Cabs for the Riverside Hilton? Ok- thanks. I am booked at the St Charles- just not sure how good the location is.  

I mispoke! I meant to say that I have stayed across from the St. Charles Hilton. I have stayed at the Riverside Hilton. Riverside is generally a better location for the cruise port, although both are just a short taxi ride away.

From the FQ, St. Charles is closer, just a few blocks from Canal and the entrance to the FQ.

• 2 weeks later...

The area of the Hilton St. Charles is fine. It's a busy, tourist filled area. The Quarter is just a few blocks away, easily walk-able. The St. Charles streetcar line runs right in front of the hotel. Poydras street, busy, active, with hotels and restaurants, is a block or two in the other direction. You'll be fine.