Sun - In room internet??

NYCruiseMom

I just read this on NCL's website. It only says .75 per minute, but can you get a package for the in-room use too?

In Stateroom Access - currently available on the Norwegian Sun & Pride of Aloha.

Normal usage fee $0.75 per minute. Diskettes with dial up network access and cable $10 (available at reception desk - fee refundable when diskette is returned)

I just read this on NCL's website. It only says .75 per minute, but can you get a package for the in-room use too?

In Stateroom Access - currently available on the Norwegian Sun & Pride of Aloha.

Normal usage fee $0.75 per minute. Diskettes with dial up network access and cable $10 (available at reception desk - fee refundable when diskette is returned)

Not sure you want to use the in room it is dial up - I would use the WIFI in the public areas.

I am sure you can get a package but might end up using twice as much time to do the same thing as WIFI.

The Sun and Pride of Aloha ar eth eonly NCL ships that have internet access in every cabin, using the very slow phone lines. The Wireless access in the Public Rooms or at the Internet Cafe is at least 10 times faster, and a 75 cents per minute, fast is important!

More info from NCL: http://www.ncl.com/more/internet_cafe.htm

In Stateroom Access -

currently available on the Norwegian Sun & Pride of Aloha.

Wireless Internet Service for laptop usage -

250 minutes $100

100 minutes $55

33 minutes $25

Wireless card - $10 per day (if required)

Wireless card Insurance - $3.00 per day (optional)*

Terminal usage time at the Internet Cafe -

$0.75 per minute

Time Package Plan:

250 minutes for $100 ($0.40 per minute)

100 minutes for $55 ($0.55 per minute)

Laptop rentals -

Laptop rental - $20 per day

Laptop insurance - $10 per day

Personalized Cruise-mail™ -

$3.95 per e-mail transmission

Access to printers -

$0.50 per page

Okay...but if I use the auto AOL thing, where it downloads your mail when you sign on and you can read offline, that may save me a bunch of minutes, right? Anyone do this? I just know from prior cruises that I don't want to be sitting around in the internet cafe waiting for a computer to open up..and if I do the wi-fi with my laptop, that means I'm schlepping it back and forth every day. The thought of just reading and sending emails at night in the cabin is very appealing to me.

And before you say, just leave the laptop home. I'm traveling with my two boys and my DH wants emails every day! LOL Plus I want to be able to download digi pics. :)

On the 3 NCL cruises I've been on, there has never been a time when I had to wait for a computer to open up in the internet cafe. Especially on the Star where they had way more computers than the other 2 NCL ships we were on.

And at the high prices they charge, people aren't usually camped out for too long anyway.

Have fun!

Hikini:D

Okay...but if I use the auto AOL thing, where it downloads your mail when you sign on and you can read offline, that may save me a bunch of minutes, right? Anyone do this? I just know from prior cruises that I don't want to be sitting around in the internet cafe waiting for a computer to open up..and if I do the wi-fi with my laptop, that means I'm schlepping it back and forth every day. The thought of just reading and sending emails at night in the cabin is very appealing to me.

And before you say, just leave the laptop home. I'm traveling with my two boys and my DH wants emails every day! LOL Plus I want to be able to download digi pics. :)

Bring the laptop and schlep it :D It will save you time and money. You can prepare and read your emails off line in the cabin. Wander off login at a hotspot with coffee or cocktail and send receive.

While you at it you can cut and past a live update from the ship here. :)

FYI electricron - Starting with the POAM and Jewel all the new ships do and will have high speed connections in all the cabins

• 1 month later...
They don't have ship wide WIFI access? That sucks. :mad:

Not sure if you ever had to engineer a wireless access plan for a building it is difficult. For a steel ship a nightmare. Plenty of space onboard with WIFI access.

When they built this ship WIFI as we know it did not exist.

Having any access to the internet in the middle of the ocean does not suck :mad:

Archived