Sailing from Miami, Disembarking in Ft. Lauderdale

Luvsnorkeling

Our Silhouette cruise ended Sunday 12/1. We flew round trip to FLL, the starting point and originally the disembarkation point, which was changed to Miami.

Celebrity arranged a number of transports back to the Port Everglades parking garage, all of which were complimentary. A couple sailing with us had to contact the shuttle from there to their off-site parking lot. A little delay there, but all worked out.

Disembarkation for Transports to FLL (our concern) were scheduled based on flight times, again complimentary. I would assume these went well, but perhaps someone who used them could comment.

We had a flight time earlier than intended for the ship's first transport, but one which would not have been a problem if we had returned to Port Everglades. There were no seats on later flights (this was Thanksgiving Sunday) so we chose Lyft. After clearing Customs I ordered the ride. Wait time was less than 5 minutes. Pick up point was at the curb opposite the loading busses (several people told us where to be picked up).  Had a very enjoyable ride with a retired Marine Sgt. Major. We were at the airport about 40 minutes later, in plenty of time for our flight. Cost was just over $30, plus the optional cash tip we gave him for helping with the luggage.

I would imagine the situation would be very similar for your Miami to Fort Lauderdale sailing.

• Like 1

Port Everglades and the port of Miami are 20 miles apart. This really is a non issue. Jump into an uber / lyft for an extra 15 bucks to get back to the airport. Its not like you are coming back to a different part of the state. I just did a Lyft Estimator for you- the port of Miami to Miami international is $21 dollars. Port Everglades to Miami international is $36 dollars. You are spending a lot of time on something that is a net difference of 15 bucks via Uber/Lyft

Edited by XuGator
  • Like 1