Silhouette Cabin #8340 S1

Oceangoer2

28 minutes ago, oceangoer2 said:

Judging by the picture of the cabin with a 'pole by the bed' it seems there can only be a Queen size rather than 2 Twins.  If you've been in this cabin setup can you let me know which is the case?  Thanks for your help. 

We have been in aft S1 twice with the pole by the bed and we had two twin beds pushed together. 

15 minutes ago, bengaltiger1 said:

We have been in aft S1 twice with the pole by the bed and we had two twin beds pushed together. 

15 minutes ago, bengaltiger1 said:

Is there room to push them into 2 twins or only 2 together into a Queen??

Just now, oceangoer2 said:

Is there room to push them into 2 twins or only 2 together into a Queen??

There is room to have them separated, but I think the gap between the two may not be huge.  They can move the bedside table further over I think. 

28B12833-CFF3-4D7A-9DE2-225DD5A622CB.jpeg

1 minute ago, bengaltiger1 said:

There is room to have them separated, but I think the gap between the two may not be huge.  They can move the bedside table further over I think. 

28B12833-CFF3-4D7A-9DE2-225DD5A622CB.jpeg

thanks so much for the pic...I can visualize now....like other cabins the smaller bedside table can be switched with the larger and go in between the beds...at least that's my theory.  Did you like the 'different' room shape or was it awkward?

Just now, oceangoer2 said:

thanks so much for the pic...I can visualize now....like other cabins the smaller bedside table can be switched with the larger and go in between the beds...at least that's my theory.  Did you like the 'different' room shape or was it awkward?

We liked it. The pole wasn’t an issue and we didn’t bump in to it at all. We loved being aft and enjoying the views. S1 on Silhouette and a S1 on Solstice. That photo is from Solstice on the Starboard side,  but it’s the same set up.  The second pole was by the sofa. The second photo is taken from the direction of the cabin door. Excuse all the decorations. It was my husband’s special birthday and Celebrity did us proud. 

A761F45B-DF47-4BFF-93C3-2C6A7A9AABD2.jpeg

CB6A383F-FBC5-4ED1-A81A-4C1ECBEA05B2.jpeg

10 minutes ago, bengaltiger1 said:

We liked it. The pole wasn’t an issue and we didn’t bump in to it at all. We loved being aft and enjoying the views. S1 on Silhouette and a S1 on Solstice. That photo is from Solstice on the Starboard side,  but it’s the same set up.  The second pole was by the sofa. The second photo is taken from the direction of the cabin door. Excuse all the decorations. It was my husband’s special birthday and Celebrity did us proud. 

A761F45B-DF47-4BFF-93C3-2C6A7A9AABD2.jpeg

CB6A383F-FBC5-4ED1-A81A-4C1ECBEA05B2.jpeg

Lovely!  and a nice table for a private tete a tete...happy belated whenever that was.  Thanks again for taking the time!

If anyone had a choice between an S2 (all on deck 12) and an S1 (corner on various decks), which would you choose?  The corner suites seem to have an odd shape and 2 poles;  the deck 12 S2's have a more straightforward design.  I have a choice right now but probably not for long.  Thanks to all for your responses.