Victory Category 11 or 12?

Xtrmflyer

Why don't you just get a regular balcony room as they are very nice for two people, that would save quite a bit of money. The difference there is that you lose the bathtub.

Cat 8 are 185sqft, Cat 11 are 270sh sqft, and cat 12 are 360sh sq ft.

Why don't you just get a regular balcony room as they are very nice for two people, that would save quite a bit of money. The difference there is that you lose the bathtub.

Cat 8 are 185sqft, Cat 11 are 270sh sqft, and cat 12 are 360sh sq ft.

If there are only 2 of you, get the Cat 11...the Cat 12 is the same room but a little bigger, hardly worth the extra $$$.

Cat 11 also gets you near mid ship, mid floor level, small jacuzzi tub, bigger bathroom, and at least in Miami, NO LINES with Skippers Club. For me it's worth the extra $$ for a Cat 11. To each his/her own.

We were in a cat 11 suite last week on Victory. It is larger than the usual balcony cabin and the balcony is larger as well. The cat 11 features a "jacuzzi" tub, but trust me, unless you're 5-5 and 110 pounds, it really isn't worth the money. I didn't use it because I don't fit in it. But overall, the cat 11 suite was more than worth the extra cost. If there are only the 2 of you, then go with an 11, not a 12, unless money is no object.

Rickcop--I'm so glad to hear you felt about the tub! I would have loved to have tried the jacuzzi, but, not being as limber, young, or thin as I once was, I wasn't going to try it. I am 5'1" and had a hard time just getting in & out to shower... it's very high.

I thought the Cat. 11 (on Victory) was very spacious with a lot of storage....even with a third person in the cabin it would have been comfortable.

I depends on which ship you are on. Both cat 11 & 12 are suites. In all cases the inside of a cat 12 is bigger than a cat 11. In some cases (aft corner cabins on the Spirit class for example) the cat 11 cabin has a bigger balcony. Usually however, the cat 12 cabin has a bigger balcony.

We had a Cat 11 on the Victory and it was more than enough room for the 2 of us. We were upgraded from 9a to Cat 11 on our Victory cruise 2 1/2 weeks after 9-11-01.

Now we always book Cat 11. Plenty of space and the dressing area and bathtub are what I really like about the Cat 11. Plus the balcony is has more than enough room for 2 people. We have not stayed in a Cat 12 on this class of ship but I have peeked into one before and for just the 2 of us the Cat 11 is perfect.

Archived