Food at buffet on Bliss compared to Gem

markf

I can’t speak about Bliss but we just got off the Breakaway today (Christmas Cruise) and we were on the Gem in November (13 day out fo Boston).  I’d say the food on the Breakway was much, much, better  than the Gem.  In fact, I was so disappointed with the food on the Gem that I was very apprehensive about our upcoming Christmas Cruise on the Breakaway.  However, the Breakaway had a much wider variety at the buffet every day and it was very good.  The pasta station was impressive.  It was also nice to have more “simple choices“ added to the buffet menu every day especially for my young adult kids: homemade chicken tenders that tasted very similar to Chic-fil-A, fish tenders, mashed potatoes, Mac and cheese, waffle fries, chicken cordon blue, carving station, roasted turkey, stuffing, fantastic green beans, etc. I also thought the food at OSheans was way better On the Breakaway than the Gem.  On the Gem I thought the buffet food was subpar and everything was smothered in an ethnic sauce or gravy which is ok every once and a while but not for 13 days straight! I hope that you find the food on the Bliss to be as good as we found ours on the Breakaway.  

7 hours ago, markf said:

My last ncl cruise on the Gem had a very repetitive menu/selections at the buffet. 

Just booked the Bliss any comments on the buffet and food choices.  

There will be a lot more choices. And they try to have a theme section for lunch and dinner. The rest is the same.