Ft Lauderdale Airport to Port of Miami

Chupa Cabras

My DH and I were supposed to meet my daughter at the Ft Lauderdale airport, and she was going to drive the three of us to the port. But it looks like she may be breaking up with the bf, and coming back to WV before May 14th. We can't change our plane tickets (Jetblue doesn't fly to Miami)

What is the best way to get from the airport to the Port of Miami?

Can a taxi hold three people and all the luggage, or are there shuttles or buses?

Just trying to get a jump on things. Any advice is much appreciated.

Are you not needing a ride after... you are looking for one way only.. check out share a ride located outside the terminal

Or if needing a round trip..look into a car service for a town car-- which should be plenty for three people and luggage.

We were 6 adutls and got a stretch limo for 200 round trip- Im sure something smaller will be cheaper.

Miami is about 40 minute ride away and will cost 75.00 by cab one way.

We are also flying into Ft. lauderdale due to airline costs. RT flight is under 200.00 from chicago to Ft. Lauderdale. Depending on the size of your group and how much time you have We choose to rent a mini van both ways. It gives us freedom to sightsee rather then sit in the airport waiting for our flight Plus we are flying in the day before. Sat-Sun cost $39.99 Sunday return from 8am-2pm $30.00.

Just came across a promo code from Kissimmee Florida of

KISS2 for www.Dollar.com rent a car.

I rented a mini van from FLL returning to MIA with free shuttle service to the pier.

KISS2 discount code Lowered my mini van rental $31.71 :eek:

This is for real you can see it for yourself at http://www.floridakiss.com/

Rent a car at participating locations in Florida and get one of the following great rates from Dollar.

• Economy: $29.99/day or $139.99/week
  • Compact: $31.99/day or $159.99/week
  • Intermediate: $34.99/day or $179.99/week
  • Full Size: $39.99/day or $199.99/week
  • Premium: $39.99/day or $249.99/week
  • Luxury: $59.99/day or $359.99/week
  • Minivan: $39.99/day or $249.99/week
  • Convertible: $39.99/day or $249.99/week
  • SUV Standard: $49.99/day or $299.99/week

In November, DH & I flew to FLL for the 4 day Imagination sailing from MIA. We really debated about flying to MIA w/Carnival's air, booking it ourselves or into FLL. Got lucky and caught a $39.00 each way fare on Southwest so did that. We purchased the Carnival transfers for $40 RT. Worked better for us than trying anything else. Call your TA and see if you can add it to your pkg.

Karen

Tri County Airport Express offers shuttle service for $18 per person http://www.floridalimo.com/Pages/sharedr.html

When you arrive at the airport, collect your luggage and go outside the baggage claim area, lower level, curbside, contact one of the starters (customer services reps.) wearing a white shirt with "AIRPORT EXPRESS" in red on the back of the shirt and an emblem on the sleeve and over the breast pocket. Let the starter know what service you are interested in and he/she will assist you.

Tri County also offers private car service for $64 each way. http://www.floridalimo.com/Pages/private.html

For the extra $20 I'd go with the private car service. Travel on my schedule, not the shuttles.

Larrys Limo is also a favorite, http://larryslimo.com/

We were almost going to take the Tri-County Airport Express - but ended up taking the Carnival transfers. I wish we hadn't done the Carnival transfers.....it was NOT worth the wait, time, or anything else. It was one thing that we still look back on with that vacation and think "lesson learned."

Cruise ship transfers like hotel shuttles are more trouble then they're worth. Waiting for the bus to fill up, leaving when they want to, not when you want to. Herded like cattle, luggage fiasco, etc., etc.

YES YES YES YES YES

I totally agree. The private transportation would've been better!

I do have a question for you........when we got off the transfer bus FROM the airport TO the cruiseport....the guy standing there wasn't doing anything and he screamed at us "I AM YOUR PORTER TAKING CARE OF YOUR LUGGAGE AND I WILL BE WITH YOU THE WHOLE TIME." He told people flat out (I don't recall his exact words...) that we needed to tip him well.

Being that this was our first cruise....we had no clue. We tipped him well....never saw him again.

Are we the only ones that "experienced" this?

The porters certainly like to hustle. I remember watching a news story on our local tv station last year reporting on the porters making over a hundred thousand a year. Unless you carry on all of your luggage you have to use them. I'd be afraid not to tip them or else my luggage may remain at the dock when we depart. :o

....Being that this was our first cruise....we had no clue. We tipped him well....never saw him again.Are we the only ones that "experienced" this?

I think the people who take the cruiselines shuttle are under the impression that the lugage will be taken care of by the people who are running the transfer. This is not the case as you have to take care of the luggage. Tipping a buck a bag is plenty for me.

We were actually expecting (first time cruisers and not knowing the "norm") to get our own bags off of the bus and take them to wherever they were to go. We had no problems tipping whoever takes care of them, but when he told us that he was going to be with us the whole time....well, we assumed (that'll teach us to assume!) that he would be!

Oh well. Lesson learned, right?

I still think that the "newbies" should be told ahead of time that he is NOT the steward that will be with us daily on the ship!

He got a great tip from us!

:rolleyes:

I still think that the "newbies" should be told ahead of time that he is NOT the steward that will be with us daily on the ship!He got a great tip from us!:rolleyes:

I bet he did== especailly if you thought he wsa the cabin steward. These porters will see you for the seconds that it takes for him to take your luggage off you til he puts it in a bin a few steps away.

These people are not hired through the cruiselines.. but work at the port.

Cabins stewards do take your luggage from the sorting area up to your cabin though. thats why you wont hardly see them during the first day of your cruise at this time.

Archived