On Board Credit?

3 hours ago, Danca4eva1994 said:

Wait a second....I purchased the second level WiFi on my last cruise. You’re telling me I would’ve been able to make outgoing calls?!?! I thought it just said social media? Is the outgoing calls to iPhone users only?? 

On an iPhone, you go to Settings...Phone, then turn on Wifi Calling. Then you have to acknowledge a warning that, in case of a 911 call, they won't be able to see your exact location. On iPhone, we also have to enter an emergency address. I'm guessing the process is similar with Android.

What this does is allow you to make phone calls over Wifi. Technically, they still go through your cellular carrier, but are routed over Wifi instead of a cellular network. And it works across different platforms (iOS, Android, landlines).

The bottom tier internet plan, the Social Plan, is the one that's for social media only. With that, you could use an app like facebook messenger to make voice calls through that app. Otherwise, Wifi Calling should work on the second tier plan, the Value Plan. I know someone mentioned using your OBC to buy the Premium internet plan, but I think you said you only have $33 OBC, so that's not going to cover an entire internet plan for the whole cruise. Beside, I don't think you need to the Premium plan to get Wifi Calling to work.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

On an iPhone, you go to Settings...Phone, then turn on Wifi Calling. Then you have to acknowledge a warning that, in case of a 911 call, they won't be able to see your exact location. On iPhone, we also have to enter an emergency address. I'm guessing the process is similar with Android.

What this does is allow you to make phone calls over Wifi. Technically, they still go through your cellular carrier, but are routed over Wifi instead of a cellular network. And it works across different platforms (iOS, Android, landlines).

The bottom tier internet plan, the Social Plan, is the one that's for social media only. With that, you could use an app like facebook messenger to make voice calls through that app. Otherwise, Wifi Calling should work on the second tier plan, the Value Plan. I know someone mentioned using your OBC to buy the Premium internet plan, but I think you said you only have $33 OBC, so that's not going to cover an entire internet plan for the whole cruise. Beside, I don't think you need to the Premium plan to get Wifi Calling to work.

Thank you so much!!!

• Like 1