Is anyone here on the first leg of the World Cruise?

SLSD

9 hours ago, markham said:

I just spoke with Handre and conveyed your good wishes! And yes, he remembers both of you couples.

Handre will officially be Senior Manager of Cruise Programming which means he will be in charge of all entertainment. Great fit for him. He will, of course, visit the ships periodically, so hopefully you will meet up. And who knows more about the possibilities, opportunities and players than he does?

Happy and healthy sailing!

Handre was so endearing as a cruise director.  So many memories of him from the 21 days aboard Ovation in 2018.  My favorite was when he rushed over with blankets for us when we had just arrived for a pool deck event in the evening.  The smile, the grace, the good humor, the caring attitude.  I'm sure Seabourn wishes they could bottle it.  

It will be interesting to see if entertainment changes a bit under Handre's keen eye.  

Edited by SLSD
  • Like 1

On 1/7/2020 at 4:42 PM, Joc123 said:

Handre going to Seattle?

Sad for us but I hope he will be happy in his new position. What  he will be doing?

We sailed with him in October and we are also doing the last leg of the World Cruise (Sydney - San Fransisco). When asked if he would still be onboard for that leg he wouldn’t answer yes or no, so we thought then something was happening. IOHO he is the best CD ever but I guess there are only a certain number of years one can spend at sea.

Please wish him all the best from Ron and Jocelyn 

Interesting. In Mid July he had said he’d be on the WC including the last leg, or so we understood, as we were considering that leg. (We subsequently got a wedding save the date card that precluded that option.)