NCL Gem Thermal Spa Pass?

andychris

We are going on the Gem next month out of NY.  It is going to be cold for the first couple of days on each end of the cruise.  We have never gotten the thermal spa pass.  We are a group of 6 adults.  Is it worth it? Why? Can you bring a drink into the area? Does it get very crowded during cold weather months? Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you for any help!!

We have had mixed experiences with the Thermal spa and it really comes down to how much you love quiet.  It’s very, very quiet in there!  If you’re planning to go in with all six of you and have full volume conversations, you’re going to get death looks from everyone else.  If you all want somewhere quiet to sit and read, or nap, or quietly chat- you’re good.

I believe you can bring a drink in with you but they don’t serve alcohol in there.  Alcohol and steam rooms/saunas/hot places don’t mix well...

as to whether it’ll be crowded we did the thermal spa on the last sea day in early spring (a cold day) heading back to NYC and it wasn’t crowded.  We’ve always been able to find a seat though you may not get two or more of the heated loungers together.  Unfortunately people do chair hog those loungers just like on the pool deck by leaving personal items on them.

the thermal suite is small on Gem compared to teh amazing thermal suites on the larger ships.  

you can bring in drinks tehy just have to be in plastic cups.  you are also fairly far from a bar so refills are a pain.

weve never had difficulty finding seats.  im curious if this will not be the case on my upcoming transatlantic.

We absolutely loved the Thermal Spa!  We also had quite a few cold days and the hot tubs out on deck were always packed on nice days. This was a wonderful retreat. I was able to do all my physical therapy in pool, enjoyed the heated loungers then husband and I enjoyed reading with he view of the ocean. Wonderful way to wind down for day or relax before dinner.  I do agree with the comment it is a quiet atmosphere so 6 people is fine if you respect that.  We are booked on the Gem again next Jan  and I cant wait to book Thermal spa pass again! Not sure about drinks, They do have flavored water and some fruit available. Maybe if its in plastic cups? Enjoy your cruise!!