Oprah and HAL

VTcruisenut

18 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

We've been pleased that there seems to be less and less of Oprah stuff onboard.  We hope that continues. 

Perhaps the executives in Seattle enjoyed their time with her for elite bragging rights but that's the only reason I can understand why HAL would choose someone who is political.  I'm sure they were clueless when they chose her that many passengers would not feel the warm feelings they felt.  

Not sure I know what you mean by "her elite bragging rights" and  how she is so "political".  I think it would serve us well to look for the good in everything as long as "it" is not harming anyone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Dunelm said:

Not sure I know what you mean by "her elite bragging rights" and  how she is so "political".  I think it would serve us well to look for the good in everything as long as "it" is not harming anyone.

I admire Oprah....I have no hate for her at all....She's one of the most successful people in the entertainment business and she's a great American success story....but, she is involved in politics and it's something I don't care to deal with when I'm enjoying my HAL cruise.  I think others agree also.  That's all I meant.  

And what I mean by "Perhaps the executives in Seattle enjoyed their time with her for elite bragging rights but that's the only reason I can understand why HAL would choose someone who is political" is my opinion regarding how executives will sometimes buy/sign up  the celebrity for their own benefit.

I hope all is well with me tossing out my opinion.....and, in my opinion, Oprah was not good for HAL and I hope that's over and done.....No hate intended, please don't judge or label or lecture me.  

Smooth sailing and no harm.......

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So many opinions and thoughts on this thread.  I in no way "hate" Oprah  Hate is such a deep, horrible word to use in any context, but I was simply asking how her influence is or is not impacting the current cruise schedule of activities.  It seems that it is slightly toned down from the original  sponsorship.   All is good, to each their own and while I do enjoy some of the books she has on her book club, I'm not ready to be immersed in a solid week of Oprah overload.  

I certainly did not mean to suggest that there was hatred on this site nor did I intend to lecture. My apologies if folk read this meaning into what I wrote.   I think that we can all agree that kindness is needed everywhere.

• Like 2