LIVE-ish: A 'Royal' Riviera Ride (Royal Princess Live Blog, January 2020)

snoozecrooze

2 minutes ago, snoozecrooze said:

Sadly, I debarked today 😞 and I rarely made it onto the deck 7 promenade areas so I can't tell you for sure! I'm so sorry! However, there is deck 17 aft which is a dedicated smoking area, but you are probably already aware of this.

Thank you for posting and helping. Enjoy your  next adventure! Safe travels.

• Thanks 1

I just disembarked Royal Princess today as well.  I'll do a more comprehensive debrief on another thread, but a few observations:

-The MDR food was consistently excellent on this cruise.  I know steaks in particular in the MDR have been inconsistent on other cruises I've been on, but every one I had on this sailing was excellent.

-The culinary demonstration on the last day of the cruise was absolutely hilarious.  Silvio and Giovanni put on quite the show, don't miss this one if you're sailing with them.

-The reversed itinerary was a bit of a pain, since it meant we had to report to the theater at 6:30am for our excursion in Cabo.  As noted, several passengers got left behind.  The ship sped up to maximum speed around 6pm on the second sea day and we ended up in PV a couple of hours earlier than originally scheduled though, as we were told that a passenger needed medical attention the ship couldn't provide.  

-Embarkation and disembarkation were probably the smoothest I've seen.  We were on board just a little after 11 on embarkation day, and off by 8:30 today.  We had a 12:30 flight from LAX but ended up at our gate with three hours to spare.

31 minutes ago, Vexorg said:

I just disembarked Royal Princess today as well.  I'll do a more comprehensive debrief on another thread, but a few observations:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I'll also be writing a more detailed day by day overview that I wasn't able to achieve well on this thread 😢

Agreed with everything you mentioned and Princess has embarkation and debarkation down pat, even in San Pedro. Embarkation took 15 minutes or so and all colors called by 9:30 on debarkation. Excellent.

On 2/1/2020 at 4:38 PM, snoozecrooze said:

Prior to leaving, I captured a picture of the senior officers for February 1, 2020 onwards.

The two changes on this board are the Captain and Human Resources Manager. 

20200201_001509.jpg

Thanks for the latest update. Barbara still on board? Was she extended?

On 2/1/2020 at 10:28 PM, Vexorg said:

-The MDR food was consistently excellent on this cruise.  I know steaks in particular in the MDR have been inconsistent on other cruises I've been on, but every one I had on this sailing was excellent.

-The culinary demonstration on the last day of the cruise was absolutely hilarious.  Silvio and Giovanni put on quite the show, don't miss this one if you're sailing with them.

-The reversed itinerary was a bit of a pain, since it meant we had to report to the theater at 6:30am for our excursion in Cabo.  As noted, several passengers got left behind.  The ship sped up to maximum speed around 6pm on the second sea day and we ended up in PV a couple of hours earlier than originally scheduled though, as we were told that a passenger needed medical attention the ship couldn't provide.  

-Embarkation and disembarkation were probably the smoothest I've seen.  We were on board just a little after 11 on embarkation day, and off by 8:30 today.  We had a 12:30 flight from LAX but ended up at our gate with three hours to spare.

What time did you arrive at the port for embarkation?

29 minutes ago, CruiseKing said:

What time did you arrive at the port for embarkation?

I believe we made it to the port around 10:45 or so.  After security and check in, there was almost no waiting before passengers started boarding the ship.

• 4 weeks later...