Menu for MDR on the Nieuw Amsterdam

Tonklily

1 minute ago, Tonklily said:

Is there any where to go to view what the menu will be, day by day, in the MDR for a specific ship/cruise?  I will be on the Nieuw Amsterdam in the Caribbean on February 15, 2020.  

I don't believe there is anywhere pre-cruise you can see this.  You can try contacting ship services to see if they can email you ahead of time.

Once onboard, menu's for the next day are easier to find

2 hours ago, Tonklily said:

Sorry, I was not clear.  I meant ahead of time, prior to boarding the ship.  

Menus in the Caribbean are the same for each HAL ship on 7-day itineraries.  If a ship alternates 7-day itineraries with different stops, there will be two menu series ( A and B) that differ slightly making it difficult to know which series will be used until you board.  If the ship sails the same itinerary every 7 days, they will use Series A.   Here are the two series used in the Caribbean this season (MDR and Lido Market):

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/specifc-cruise-lido-and-mdr-menus/caribbean-7-day-series-a-dining-menus

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/specifc-cruise-lido-and-mdr-menus/caribbean-2019-7-day-series-b-dining-menus

• 1 month later...
On 1/19/2020 at 2:32 PM, Crew News said:

Menus in the Caribbean are the same for each HAL ship on 7-day itineraries.  If a ship alternates 7-day itineraries with different stops, there will be two menu series ( A and B) that differ slightly making it difficult to know which series will be used until you board.  If the ship sails the same itinerary every 7 days, they will use Series A.   Here are the two series used in the Caribbean this season (MDR and Lido Market):

What about Alaska ?  Do they use these same menus for cruises to Alaska ?  If it makes any difference, we are sailing R/T out of Seattle on Oosterdam.  It appears this ship sails the same itinerary every week.. 

Edited by angela12345

6 hours ago, angela12345 said:

What about Alaska ?  Do they use these same menus for cruises to Alaska ?  If it makes any difference, we are sailing R/T out of Seattle on Oosterdam.  It appears this ship sails the same itinerary every week.. 

The same system happens in Alaska with menus for 7-day and 14-day itineraries but the menus are not the same as those for the Caribbean.  I will be on a 14-day Alaska cruise the first week of May and will post the menus.  I will do my best to obtain the 7-day series.

Oh wow, thanks SO MUCH.  That would be fantastic !!!!!  We sail in June.

I'll put a reminder in my phone to reply to this thread again on April 30 so it will be fresh in your mind when you sail. 
🙂
(Would that be a good date?)

Edited by angela12345

20 hours ago, Crew News said:

The same system happens in Alaska with menus for 7-day and 14-day itineraries but the menus are not the same as those for the Caribbean.  I will be on a 14-day Alaska cruise the first week of May and will post the menus.  I will do my best to obtain the 7-day series.

I would like seeing recent MDR menus as well!   I have seen the RogerJett site.  Have not seen a recent thread that had any.   Thanks in advance.

Edited by bluesplayer
edit

4 hours ago, angela12345 said:

Oh wow, thanks SO MUCH.  That would be fantastic !!!!!  We sail in June.

I'll put a reminder in my phone to reply to this thread again on April 30 so it will be fresh in your mind when you sail. 
🙂
(Would that be a good date?)

As I have done for most of my many cruises, I will be doing a live thread here on CC each day (starting May 3) where I will answer questions during my Alaska cruise days.  Accessing my website from such a poor internet-connection area will not allow me to post menus until I return home May 16. 

• 1 month later...

Sadly, you won't be able to post the menus for your Alaskan cruise and also I won't be able to use them in June.   But, next time you take an Alaskan cruise, please post the menus if you are able !  Can't use them now, but plan(hope) to be able to use them some day in the future !!   ❤️