Marigot and Oreint Beach

squeeky336

Can anyone tell me it is easy to get to Marigot from the cruise port on a bus? and then later get a bus or cab to Orient Beach (the nude beach) and then back to the cruise port? 

We want to shop on the French side and see the sights. I have been told it is a small area and a good place to get lunch. Want to try some French food.. But then want to stop at the nude beach and back to the ship. Can anyone tell me the expected cost of transportation in St Martin.. We want to do it on our own not a tour. 

On 1/23/2020 at 11:31 AM, squeeky336 said:

Can anyone tell me it is easy to get to Marigot from the cruise port on a bus? and then later get a bus or cab to Orient Beach (the nude beach) and then back to the cruise port? 

We did the opposite a while back-- ship anchored off Marigot and we went over to Orient Beach for a bit and then Maho by the airport. We didn't find the bus-- if there was one. Supposedly you sort of hail them down like a taxi and they operate on set routes but with no set schedule. It was a ridiculous system.

Ended up taking a taxi-- from Marigot over to Maho it was less than $20. Well worth the small added expense for the time savings and convenience.