One way train/bus trip through cruise line or RT bus trip independent tour?

Kfrech

Which will provide the better experience? Although the price difference is about $100 per person, that's not my biggest concern.

We will be in Skagway June 16th for 11 hours. I tried to book a one way trip with Dyea Dave, but the one way return via train is sold out. I could just do a round trip with them. I also contacted Chilkoot, and they too are sold out because of the train portion. They too have availability on a round trip bus tour. This is their Yukon Klondike Adventure tour.

Through HAL, we can basically do the exact same tour, one way on a coach bus with a return trip via train.

Any advice?

I would probably book though HAL. Bus up in the morning to Emerald lake and the train back from Fraser in the afternoon. If you do that you want to sit on the passenger side of the bus up and the right side of the train coming back. I like to be out on the platform most the train ride.

On our HAL excursion (bus to Carcross to Fraser; train to Skagway), our bus had a designated train car. it was first come, first serve seating. we had no problem getting right (canyon) side seating. Most of our photography was from the platform between the cars.