Mariner of the Seas - Kiddy Pool?

Grandeur

Can any past cruisers tell me if there is a kiddy pool on Mariner? I've sailed Explorer twice and Voyager once and for the life of me cannot remember if there is one just for small kids ... usually leave the kids home

Travelocity pics show a kiddy pool at Adventure Beach. Explorer and Voyager had on. Does anybody know if Mariner does as well. I would guess that being the same class ship it would but don't know for sure.

Among the Voyager-class ships, only Voyager, Adventure and Explorer have Adventure Beach. On Mariner and Navigator the area that is Adventure Beach on the other ships was used to expand the indoor Adventure Ocean club and also to provide a "back deck" area for teen activities. (Note: The Adventure Beach feature is also on Radiance-class ships).

As for the Mariner's sectioned-off "kiddie pool" (shown in the picture in previous response to this thread) it is only about ankle deep...my 5 year old had no interest in this area...unfortunately, it's (lack of) depth makes it appealing pretty much only to the age group that is banned from the pools -- those still in diapers/swim pull-ups.

Among the Voyager-class ships, only Voyager, Adventure and Explorer have Adventure Beach. On Mariner and Navigator the area that is Adventure Beach on the other ships was used to expand the indoor Adventure Ocean club and also to provide a "back deck" area for teen activities. (Note: The Adventure Beach feature is also on Radiance-class ships).

As for the Mariner's sectioned-off "kiddie pool" (shown in the picture in previous response to this thread) it is only about ankle deep...my 5 year old had no interest in this area...unfortunately, it's (lack of) depth makes it appealing pretty much only to the age group that is banned from the pools -- those still in diapers/swim pull-ups.

This is correct. No Adventure Beach on Navigator or Mariner. The kiddie pool is only for non-swimmers.

I see what you mean. Are 5 year olds allowed in the pool with the other kids then?

In the picture it looks like there is a blow up rectangular pool? Is that so?

You will see the blow up pool in both photos from my Aug 2004 cruise on the Navigator of the Seas. It was my understanding that the blow up pool was for the real little ones (I don't know if they had to be potty trained). I did not see the pool out there every day. It was my understanding that the pool was put out there because there is no Adventure Beach on the Navigator (or Mariner). As for the main pools, anyone who is potty trained can go in them. Even if they cannot swim. Of course non-swimmers should be firmly attached to a competent adult.

Nontheless, the main pools (which are the subjects of these photos) are for everyone (who is potty trained). There is an adult only pool (when the rules are followed) in a separate section of the pool deck. Non-swimmers can either stay behind the fence, stay on the shelf (the multicolored area) or go in the deep area (solid light blue) while while being held by a responsible adult.

Sounds like this will work well for when we are on the ship.

Did you post a review of the ship....Mariner

If this question was directed to me, I was on the Navigator in Aug 2004. I was never on the Mariner (though both ships are sisters). I joined CC in Oct 2005, and posted my review of my recent cruise on the NCL Star then. Here is a link if you want to read it (warning, it is very long - about 19 single spaced type written pages) ... http://www.cruise-critic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=13327

Archived