Vegetarian options on Pearl

Abeynrml

We are traveling with her daughter who is vegetarian and also has food allergies. We notified NCL and it is put on our reservation. I understand the procedure for meeting with the Staff

in the main dining room the first day of the cruise. I was wondering about some of the other more casual places to eat such as O'Sheehan's. Do they have any vegetarian options such as a veggie burger? I don't see anything listed on their menus.

Can't speak to the Pearl, but NCL overall.

It is very hit or miss when requesting something like a veggie burger. At O'sheahans I have at times been given a smile and a veggie burger - at other times, I've been given a "hmm, um, maybe, I don't know, I'll check" and a half hour wait to get it. Same at the pool deck/buffet - one guy told me I needed to order 12 hours in advance (um...you wanted a call at midnight with my lunch order?!), another guy told me 10 minutes and then 40 minutes later it was available, and at other times it has indeed been ready 10 minutes later.

Usually I can go to the restaurant desk on day 1 to look at the menus for the week, to decide when it might be best to do a specialty restaurant instead, but last time (on the Dawn) they refused to show them to me. It was bizarre. I explained that I have food restrictions and like to plan ahead. I pulled the "I'm a gold member and have never had a problem previewing menus; is there a manager who can help?" (Which I swear I've never done before), and magically she had menus available.